➴ twenty-seven: I LOVE YOU ➴

〖 chapter xxvii: I LOVE YOU〗

Wysteria hadn't seen Jacob in over a week

Wysteria hadn't seen Jacob in over a week. His father wouldn't let her see him at his house and he hadn't been at school either. "He has the stomach flu. I don't want you to catch it Wysteria. It's a nasty bug." Wysteria frowned at the thermos full of soup she had brought. Billy took it from her slowly. "It's nice of you to bring this."

"Can... Can't he at least call me? Could you tell him that? I... I miss him." Billy had nodded and told her she would hear from him soon but... She didn't. Jacob never called her. Wysteria didn't know what to do. She was so confused and hurt that she finally told Bella about what was going on. Bella had been asking about Jacob, unbeknownst to her that Wysteria herself hadn't seen or talked to Jacob in a week.

"He can't be... That sick. I've had the stomach flu before. I still had visitors." Bella said skeptically as Wysteria sat on her bed, wringing her hands. 

"Exactly!" Wysteria exclaimed, throwing her hands in the air and starign down at all her unanswered texts to Jacob on her phone. "Which is why this is so weird like... He's so sick he can't even call his girlfriend? Jacob's not like that." Wysteria insisted, practically begging the Spirits to get Jacob to reach out to her. "When he's been sick before he would call and complain constantly. He wanted me to come over and take care of him and I did and..." Wysteria felt tears begin to fill her eyes. "Bella I... I love..." Wysteria hadn't said it out loud yet. She and Jacob had been together for almost a year and they still hadn't said the 'L' word yet. Bella stood from her desk chair and went and hugged Wysteria tightly as Wysteria cried into her shirt.

"Hey... I'm sure everything is fine." Bella said lightly, picking up Wysteria's phone and locking it so she couldn't see her unanswered texts anymore. "Maybe he also has strep throat or something or a bad cough. He could just be... Waiting to feel a little better." Wysteria hoped so. 

When the two week mark hit though, Wysteria felt like she was going crazy as she slammed her locker closed. "You know..." Quil said, appearing next to her and making Wysteria jump out of her skin. 

"What?" Wysteria said in exasperation. She just wanted to go home. She wanted to go home and watch TV and eat ice cream and be sad over her boyfriend. Thunder rumbled overhead, as it had been doing almost as long as Jacob had been out of the picture.