➴ eight: THE COMING STORM ➴

〖 chapter viii: THE COMING STORM〗

It was just Wysteria's dumb luck again because the last three classes that she had, she also shared with Jacob

It was just Wysteria's dumb luck again because the last three classes that she had, she also shared with Jacob. Luckily, in her history class the teacher had assigned their seats in last name order and since Black and Redbird were on opposite ends of the alphabet, that meant she was on the opposite end of the room from Jacob, close to the back exit.

In their next class, speech. Wysteria was saved because the desks around her filled up and Jacob was unable to sit near her. He instead went to sit with his other friend, the one Wysteria had seen him with at lunch. (The one that wasn't Quil). As she rushed out of her speech class, throwing herself into the throng of students to find the last room of the day, Wysteria prayed that Jacob wouldn't be there but as if the universe wanted to torture her, Jacob and Wysteria met at the door to their science class, approaching it from opposite ends.

"You're avoiding me." Jacob said. Wysteria frowned.

"No I'm not. I'm simply trying to get through the day. I'm busy. I have to learn a whole new schedule, get used to being around non-Pale faces, endure stares from literally everyone in this damn school and I swear to god some of the teachers already hate me and they've only known me less than eight hours and..."

"Breathe Little Red, breathe." Jacob said. Wysteria hadn't realized she was running out of oxygen. She took a deep breath, staring at Jacob as she exhaled slowly. "Okay, you're not avoiding me."

"Yeah, I'm not." Wysteria almost added a, sorry, at the end of that statement but decided against it. Jacob pushed back some of his hair.

"That's why I tried to ask you what your schedule was this morning so I could help you. I would have also helped you find your locker if you needed it." Wysteria pursed her lips and looked through the tiny mirror in the classroom. Even though this class was supposed to be some kind of basic science course for freshman and not one that involved labs or test tubes or anything of that sort, the whole classroom was set up like a lab with the two person desks and various science projects on the wall by the sinks.

"Well Sam helped me with my locker and... I've gotten around just fine." Jacob nodded.

"Sam Uley." He said which Wysteria didn't know was Sam's last name. "And, yeah I can see that Redbird." Wysteria wished he would stop smiling it was a cute smile. "Well, shall we go in?" He said, opening the door for her.