[5]

Chapters 7, 8 and 9 have been uploaded on Patreon and sent to all the supporters on their inboxes. All the details are on my profile description section if you are interested.

I was out of the hospital a week later. I could have been out in a day or two but apparently Capo Morretti's fiancée needed more coddling and caring than anything else in the world. I had droned to Raffaello for hours but he wanted me to be completely healed. He recommended another week but I had kept my foot down at that very instant. This man would make me go crazy.

I rolled my eyes; I was turning into a romantic sap. I was on the edge of the cliff again wanting to take that dive but my feelings for him had to take a back seat. I had shown him that I was feisty but that was all I was going to do. I couldn't reveal more. This much was enough. And now he trusted me as well.

I walked out of my room and down the stairs. The hallways were getting cleaned up. I frowned to myself when I saw a large selection of flowers and bouquets getting carried inside the house along with various other decoration items. My mother stood in the foyer administrating the tasks.

"What is happening mother?" I asked.

Was there an event happening and I was not aware about it?

Lilly turned to me and gave me her sweet maternal smile.

"Well, you are getting married tomorrow," she said, "I was just about to inform you of the same."

My jaw dropped. Usually I was aware of my feelings but I was not anticipating the shock. I was getting married. And I was not told about it, rather a day before. Horror filled my system; this was not expected.

She must have been reading the obvious expressions of fear on my face because she furrowed her brows and looked at me with concern. I quickly schooled my face.

"Valentina, sweetheart, is everything alright?" she asked.

"Yes, mother. It's just that I wasn't anticipating it, just surprised that's all," I said, "also, I don't have a dress."

I think she thought the fear on my face was due to the dress because she nodded in understanding. What a fool!

"Well, I can totally understand. That is a very valid fear. I have asked Joe to come and take you out for your dress fittings"

"Who is going to prepare the dress for me in such a short notice?"

"You are Raffaello's fiancée, anyone on this planet would do it for you," she stated.

This was one of the rare times when she was right.

"Alright, I will just get changed and meet Joe, we will get a dress,"

"Oh, please take your time but be home by eight, I don't want the bride compromising on her sleep,"

"Okay," I said and turned around but she continued speaking,

"Also, get some... intimates," she said hesitantly and walked away from there.

That was the second thing that shocked me that day.

I stood by the car and observed Joe walking out of the house. He looked particularly pissed and a grin appeared on my face. What had his panties in a bunch?

"You want to tell me?" I asked.

"Your mother thinks that I am an errand boy," he seethed and passed me a note.

"Brown sugar, trout fish..." I crumpled the note and threw it outside, "You are not her errand boy, she can tell a member of the staff to do it for her. Anyhow where are you taking me?"