[4]

The newest chapter of Pure Poison is up, of course the official updates will start in June. The book will first be sent to the paid supporters. You can mail me about more info on this or just leave a message on my wall, I will get back to you on this!

Also, if you want to read the next chapter right now then you can do so via using my link in the description section:

I was awake but kept my eyes closed. I wanted to cherish these few moments of silence. Seldom did I get the opportunity to slip my mask away and experience the world in my real form. I just wanted to sleep for a little while more but I guess my family members did not realize that.

I was in the hospital; I did remember getting shot and then losing my consciousness and when I had regained that consciousness I found myself in this sterile hospital room with tubes attached to my hand and a fluid entering my body. The constant beeping of the machines had kept me awake since.

I heard them entering and I closed my eyed, pretending I had never woken up.

"When will she wake up?" Silvano whispered.

"The doctors said that it could take a few more hours," Joe said.

"I think she should wake up soon," Lily fretted, "Raffaello would be coming any moment, what if he wants to talk to her?"

I fought the urge to roll my eyes. Lily was hopeless. I wonder if she would ever cry at my funeral.

"He will come to check up on her, he was very adamant about it, I have never seen the man so angry," Silvano said, "Valentina is a lucky woman."

"That she is," Joe said seriously but I could feel the thick sarcasm. Silvano and Lily were too stupid to even notice.

"Silvano, it is late, maybe we should leave," Lily said in her soft voice, "Joe is here to stay with Valentina,"

"Aunt is right; I will be with her,"

I heard the footsteps leave the room. A sigh left my lips and I opened my eyes. Joe closed the door and turned to me; I reciprocated the smile on his face but my heart ached when I saw the concern in his eyes. Joseph was my only true ally at the moment. I could rely on him and he on me. We were there for each other, just us against this world of guns. A tear slipped out of my eye.

"Hey," he admonished me, "no crying."

I quickly wiped it away before nodding. I didn't look good crying; it was not made for me.

"I don't know why I am emotional," I laughed it off.

"It is okay, everyone is allowed a bit of respite, especially you. I know how tiring it is to carry that weight on your shoulder,"

"I cannot afford to get tired Joe, this is my mission in life, I have no other purpose,"

"I know that! I am in the very same boat!"