Chapter 19 - Okay? Okay

Chapter 19

(Brian's POV)

Liam and I did as told, as I reached the door I turned around and winked at her before leaving the room. When we reached the boys dressing room, we walked in together, as we got in we both saw a nervous Joey jumping around and almost screaming "we're not gonna survive this! Why are we here!" when he saw Liam and I he flew over and grabbed a hold of my t-shirt as he almost screamed into my face "why did you sign me up for this? This is horrible! Let me goooo!" "Joey calm down man, remember this whole shit show is put together so it looks like we don't have anything under control, just stick to the script Nick and Matt made and everything is gonna be alright" "ugh!" Joey screamed as he let go of my t-shirt and stormed out of the dressing room. Not long after he left Walker turned around and said "he's been that for the last hour and funny enough we have all told him the same thing" "don't worry I'll go look for him" Liam said as he left the room. As Liam left, Walker once more turned around to look at me as he said "so how did things go in there with Meredith? Did you tell her?" "kinda we were kinda interrupted by Liam bursting through the door with his camera before I could say anything, so I hugged her and told her that I miss her, missing hanging out with her and that I should have stayed back at Basement Art to kiss when I had the chance" suddenly from the other end of the room I noticed Dylan getting up and leaving, my focus was back to Walker as he said "dude that's at least a start man, maybe she'll come to you and make that kiss happen" "I wish" I told him as I started to get dressed for the concert.

"Boys are you ready?" Julia yelled through the closed door. Walker and I both got up and walked out to the group standing in the hall way. As the opening track started playing Julia said, "alright everybody listen up, remember this is our first show, if we fuck this up today then..." she was cut off by Walker starting to make coughing sounds as he pointed towards Joey, "right, guys go out there and do your best okay. Dikrats on 3! 1 2 3" DIKRATS!" everyone screamed before we put on our helmets and walked onto stage as we had rehearsed over and over for the last couple of months. Through out the show I couldn't stop glancing over at Mere as she was really enjoying herself out here.

As we were done with our set we all met backstage and Julia started, what sounded like a rehearsed speech, "guys you did it! What could have turned into a complete shit show, you guys managed to turn into a party! I stood down at the sound both and I saw how much you guys enjoyed this and how much people around me enjoyed it too! If you guys do this at every show I can guarantee this tour will be a huge success! Dikrats on 3! 1 2 3" "DIKRATS!" "see Joey I told it wasn't that bad now was it?" Walker said as him and Joey started walking towards the dressing room, as I was about to tag along I felt someone grab my hand and pulling me into a room with no one in. As I walked in I turned around only to look into the most beautiful brown eyes, I knew belonged to Mere. I could feel how the smile started to spread from one ear to another, but before I could do anything else Mere's lips touched mine and my whole world stopped. As I started to relax more I could how more feelings she put into the kiss. At that moment I felt like nothing could ever get me down, nothing at all. As we pulled apart I could feel how the heat rose in my cheeks as they began to blush, and from what I could see hers did too. For what felt like hours her and I just stood there looking into each others eyes with out saying our doing anything. Mere was the one who broke the silence, "I hated myself too for you not kissing me and for not saying anything back at the theater" as she said it, I could see how her cheeks turned into an even darker shade of red. I took her hands in mine and pulled her with me over to the couch in the corner of the room. As we sat down I looked into her eyes as I said "Meredith Elyse Stepien, I have been crazy about you since I first laid my eyes on you, on your first day at UofM. Still after all this time I'm just as crazy about as I was back then. I will do anything for you to go out with me, if it takes a 100 dates then that's what I'm gonna..." she cut me off by placing a single finger on top of my lips, not moving her finger away she said "you don't need that many dates, a kiss is all you need" before she could remove her finger I gently placed a small kiss on it, as she removed I smiled at her and asked "so does that mean?" she nodded her head, as I started to lean in I could see her take a deep breath before she said "but on one condition, we don't tell anyone about this before the tour is over okay? That mean we act like you and I are just friends, and when all of this SPACE tour is over and done we can tell people" "wh-why not?" I asked her, "look Bri this is not because I don't want this, I do, I wanna shout out from the top of each buildings in the world that you and I are now dating, it's just that focus will be removed from this tour and on to us, you've seen the fans, and I think I know someone who will get very hurt if he finds out with the other okay?" okay" I said as I leaned in for another kiss, but right as our noses touched Julia's voice sounded from the hallway "if they have sneaked off to some place to kiss or something I swear to the dead wizard God I will cancel this whole thing!" Mere pulled away and started to laugh, "we. We better be going, and from her reaction I think it's better if we go separately" and by that she placed a small kiss on my cheek and got up and walked out of what for some have been our secret hideout. As the door closed behind her I let myself drop back on the couch, and as I laid there the whole world started spinning and I felt that I could stop world hunger and the wars, I felt like the happiest man alive. As I got up and started to walk out, I suddenly remembered what she had told me, had she meant Dylan, when she said that people would get hurt? And if so, did that mean she still had feelings for him?