Chapter 8 - The Party

Chapter 8 - The after party

(Meredith's POV)

It was the night of the first show of Starship and the whole team was excited about it. Every rehearsal so far, have gone smoothly and tonight was the night it really was important, tonight there would be an audience for the first time.

"Mere my dear, are you ready?" Dylan shouted from the living room, "yeah I'm coming baby" I said as I once more looked into my mirror and smiled at myself and turned around and walk down to Dylan, when I reached him he smiled his lovely smile and said, "wow may I say, for a future Mrs. Saunders you do look stunning" as he stood there, pronounced the words future Mrs. Saunders I stood there and could feel my cheeks blush, so I chose to smile at him and touched my lovely ring, he had given me yesterday during our anniversary, when he had proposed to me at the restaurant. "May I say you doesn't look so bad yourself Mr. Saunders" he laughed and walked towards me and placed a big passionate kiss on my lips. As we pulled apart I could feel him taking my hand and he said "so are you ready to go see the other and let them know this" I froze for a second as he said the others I had completely forgot about the others and the fact we were to perform Starship tonight. I quickly nodded at him and we walked outside in the lovely weather.

When we reached the theater he opened the door for me as a true gentleman and said "after you my lady" I smiled at him and walked inside. As we came inside Dylan came running up behind me and grabbed my hand and we walked together into the theater hall. When we got in everyone else was there waiting in their costumes only waiting for Dylan and me. When we had changed into our costumes and was reunited with the others onstage, Dylan said "my dear friends, Meredith and I have some news for you all" they suddenly was quiet and then Lo jumped up and down and said "YOU GUYS ARE HAVING A BABY! I KNEW IT, I KNEW!" I couldn't help myself from laughing, I gave her a hug and said "no Lo we are NOT having a baby okay" Lo looked at me with a sad face and mumbled something, Dylan looked at me and smiled "well I would like you all to meet the future Mrs. Saunders" as he said that he took my hand and pulled me into a hug. There was a lot of cheering from everyone, that was until Nick said "wow congrats my friends, but not to ruin this lovely news, but we really need to run through the show one more time, before the doors opens in 2 hours" I could see that everyone else in the theater starting nodding and mumbling something.

A couple of minutes before the show was supposed to start, I could feel someone staring at me in the other end of the dressing room, I slowly looked up into the mirror to see the person I felt was staring at me. When I looked up i saw Brian quickly removing his look when my eyes met his.

After the show was over and we had talked to the fans, handed out autographs and taken pictures, we all was gathered on stage to share thoughts on the show. Suddenly Brant jumped up and said "hey you guys? Why don't we go out tonight and celebrate the engagement between Meredith and Dylan?" everyone on the stage agreed on to go out to celebrate the whole thing that was until Nick got up and almost shouted as us "NO! We need to be ready for tomorrows show remember? We are actually doing a show here you guys don't forget that" "yeah Nick is right, let's just have a get together tonight at the manor" Denise said and everyone agreed and we left the theater.

After a couple of hours into the "party" I managed to get outside alone, I needed to get away from all the attention inside. It was a cold night in Chicago, and even though I was freezing I didn't wanted to get up and get a jacket. As I sat there and just watched the night unfold in front of me I suddenly felt a warm comfy blanket around me, I turned around and looked up into a pair of pretty blue eyes. "So what are you doing out here all alone?" he asked me as he sat down next to me, I smiled at him and said "I just needed to get away from everything going on inside for a moment" I said and he smiled back at me and said "oh I'm sorry I'll just leave you then" "no Bri please stay" I said and leaned my head up against his shoulder. After some time Bri took my hand in his, lifted my head up, looked me into my eyes and said "look Mere, I need to talk to you" he took a deep breath and continued, "I'm really happy for you and Dylan, but I have something I really need to get off my chest. Do you remember that goodbye party in college? For the following year after the kiss we shared that night, I couldn't stop thinking about you, I spend every day trying to get rid of the thought of you and it was first when Lo and I started dating I could think about something else. I really thought I had moved on, that was until today when you and Dylan told us you were engaged. Look Mere what I'm trying to say is, you are the most beautiful girl I have ever seen, I can't stop think about you" I let go of his hand moved back a bit and looked deeply into his amazingly blue eyes, I had no idea what to say to him, he felt almost the same way as me. All I could think about saying was 'wow' but I didn't instead I leaned in to him and kissed him. As our lips touched it felt like my whole body was melting, never had I feltlike that in my life. When we pulled apart I looked him once more into his eyes smiled at him, he took my hand pulled us both on our feet and he said "that was amazing, come with me" I nodded at him and followed closely behind him. We reached the back door to manor, we got up to his room. He placed me on his bed and quickly said "wait here a second, I'll go get something to drink" and then he left the room. When I no longer could hear him out in the hallway I got up and started to look around his room. I found a picture hidden slightly behind some books, I took it out and to my chock it was the same picture I had in my scrapbook from college. It was the picture Joey took of Bri and me after the last night of A Very Potter Sequel, it made me smile, that he still had the picture. As I stood there smiling I could feel a little tear falling slowly down my chin, I suddenly felt arms around my waist, so I turned around I felt directly into a long, tight, warm and passionately hug from Bri. Halfway through the hug he pulled me even closer and moved the both of us closer to the bed. He placed me carefully on the bed and leaned in for another kiss. As we pulled apart he slowly placed himself next to me. The last thing I remember is me falling asleep in his arms.

(Brian's POV)

When I reached the theater, almost everyone else was there. I looked around and noticed that the only one we were missing was Mere and Dylan. I went to the dressing room to get into my costume, I heard the voice of Dylan on stage so I quickly ran upstairs to see what was happening. When I got up I saw the two of them hugging each other, before I could say anything Dylan said "my dear friends, Meredith and I have some news for you all" they suddenly was quiet and then Lo jumped up and down and said "YOU GUYS ARE HAVING A BABY! I KNEW IT, I KNEW!" Mere got over to Lo and gave her a hug, I could feel how I just wanted to leave the theater and never return. How could she be engaged to that guy? She should be my girl. Dylan looked at Mere and smiled "well I would like you all to meet the future Mrs. Saunders" as he said that he took my Mere and pulled her into a hug. Everyone seemed happy about it, a part of me was happy for them to, all I want if I can't have her is for her to be happy, suddenly Nick said "wow congrats my friends, but not to ruin this lovely news, but we really need to run through the show one more time, before the doors opens in 2 hours" I could see that everyone else in the theater starting nodding and mumbling something.

The last couple of minutes before show start we were all down in the dressing room, Mere was sitting in front if the mirror, I couldn't help my self, I just stood there looking at her. Suddenly she slowly looked into the mirror and her eyes met me, I didn't know what to do with myself so I quickly looked away from her.

After the show, we decided to go back to the manor to celebrate the engagement. I really didn't wanted to be a part of it, but I really couldn't get out of it, I mean I live at the manor, so no matter what I would be there, so I decided to take part of the party. After some time I saw Joey come out to me, when he reached me he said "hey Brian, can we talk or what? I'm so sorry for what happend with me and Lo, it really wasn't suppose to happen, I'm sorry" I looked at him and said "it's okay, I just really had seen the fact that you guys have started dating now" "I know, I'm sorry Brian, you are my friend, and I had no idea she felt that way about me" he said as I left the kitchen to go outside to get some air.

When I got outside I saw Mere sitting by herself on the swing in the backyard. I walked down to her and gave her a warm blanket. "So what are you doing out here all alone?" I asked her as i sat down next to her, she smiled at me and said "I just needed to get away from everything going on inside for a moment" I smiled back at her and said "oh I'm sorry I'll just leave you then" "no Bri please stay" she said and leaned her head up against my shoulder. After some time i took my hand in mine, lifted her head up, looked into her eyes and said "look Mere, I need to talk to you" i took a deep breath and continued, "I'm really happy for you and Dylan, but I have something I really need to get off my chest. Do you remember that goodbye party in college? For the following year after the kiss we shared that night, I couldn't stop thinking about you, I spend every day trying to get rid of the thought of you and it was first when Lo and I started dating I could think about something else. I really thought I had moved on, that was until today when you and Dylan told us you were engaged. Look Mere what I'm trying to say is, you are the most beautiful girl I have ever seen, I can't stop think about you" she let go of my hand moved back a bit. I was so nervous on how she would react, I just on staring into her beautiful eyes. Suddenly she leaned in to me and kissed me. As our lips touched I felt like the happiest guy in the whole world, this was what I had been dreaming on for so long. When we pulled apart I took her hand pulled us both on our feet and said "that was amazing, come with me" As we walked trough the garden she followed closely behind me. We reached the back door to manor, we got up to my room. I placed her on my bed and said "wait here a second, I'll go get something to drink" I left the room and got downstairs to the kitchen. When I reached the kitchen I found Nick standing in the kitchen all alone, when I reached him he looked at me and said "wow someone is happy" I smiled at him and said "yeah of course, we have an engagement inside the team now, of course I'm happy" I smiled at her and was mentally crossing my fingers and hoped he wouldn't ask me about Mere, he looked at me and said "hey Brian it's okay to be a bit sad, but I'm glad to see your happy about the whole thing, but remember I'm here for you if need to talk okay?" I nodded at him and grabbed a wine bottle from the fridge and walked back to my room. When I got in, I saw Mere standing by my book shelf looking at something, so I quietly walked up behind her and laied my arms around her waist, she turned around and felt directly into a long, tight, warm and passionately hug from me. I pulled her even closer and carefully placed her on my bed and then I took the chance, I gave her another long and lovely kiss on her lips. We laied there on my bed, her in my arms really not doing anything I was just apply I finally had the opportunity to have her in my arms like this. We ended up both falling asleep on my bed with her in my arms.