Chapter 17 - Back To The Place Where Our Story Began

Chapter 17

(Brian's POV)

Was she happy or sad about this? I had no idea. As I stood there watching her placing her stuff into her bunk I heard how my brain almost screamed at me "Brian Daniel Holden you have to tell her, how you feel!" I knew my brain was right. This tour might just be the best place to talk to her. I was thrown out of my thoughts by a hand landing on my shoulder, I turned around and saw Dylan standing behind me and as I turned around he smiled and said, "B-Hol looks like we're gonna be on the same bus huh. Anyway Julia told me to tell you and everyone that we are ready to go, we should properly go sit down" I simply nodded my head and followed him to the couch area.

As we sat down I could feel the bus starting to move, after a short time of driving Joey and Walker started to test the TV, as I was about to say something a high sigh escaped Walkers lips, followed by "kids it looks like we have made it to IKEA" I heard the others laugh as both of the boys sat back down "so did anyone else notice the little sign out on the toilet?" Mere broke the silence, "yeah I did, that toilet doesn't count as a toilet now" Joey continued. I got up and shook my head as I said "that can't be right, let me check with Don" I walked towards the driver and popped my head through the curtain, "hey Don? Do you know if we can poop on this bus?" "yes sir I do know" "okay" "absolutely not" "the thing is we talked to the bus company about that and were pretty explicit about... the... the... you know the privilege of being able to do that, that's why we ended up going with this bus company was so that we could poop on the bus" "haha, well make sure it's back there in the back... corner" "uh huh... yeah... okay but not in that toilet,huh?" "not in that toilet" "okay, thanks" I said as I sat back down again. I pulled out my phone and texted Lauren.

B-Hol: we cant shit on this bus. Fix it Lauren!

And just like that people seemed to have forgotten about our toilet and TV situation.

After 4 hours we arrived as the sun was setting over Ann Arbor, the city in which we all met, the city were we began this journey together, the city where I first saw the beautiful human, people knew as Meredith Elyse Stepien. As I got out of the bus as the last person I saw everyone standing in front of the bus only waiting for me. I knew we were gonna go back to UofM and see everyone there, but I didn't feel like going back there, to me I knew it was gonna be a ride back to hell. I knew we were gonna go see Basement Arts the place my lips first kissed hers, I knew I had to relive that memory I decided to see if I could talk her while we were all back at Basement Arts maybe she would remember too. As we walked onto the stage where we had spend most of our four years together I could feel the butterflies in my stomach turning into what felt like elephants, suddenly the fear of getting rejected came over me. I froze to my spot on the stage. I saw how the others looked so happy about being back here and how they all shared stories and memories not really paying any attention to me. I jumped a bit as I heard a voice behind me saying "I remember the last time all of us was gathered in this room" I could hear the voice smile as the person said it. I turned around only to look into the most gorgeous set of brown eyes I've ever seen. Suddenly all the butterflies in my stomach was gone, it felt like a stone dropped from my heart. She smiled at me and I smiled back at her. As I took her one cheek into my hand I said "me too Mere, me too" she placed her hand on top of mine still smiling. I took the chance and started to move in closer to her, I saw how she got ready for me to kiss her, the second before our lips touched we heard a voice yelling "are you too love birds done? Everyone else has already moved on" I let go of Mere as I turned around and started to walk towards Julia and the others, thinking that Mere would be right behind me, but as I turned around she was no where to be seen. I walked over to Lauren and asked "have you seen Mere any where?" "uhm no not since we left Basement Arts, why?" "nothing it... it was nothing" I said as I walked towards the other boys with the thought of what would have happened back there if Julia hadn't called at us to hurry up. Would we have shared that kiss? Would she had looked at me and said she had feelings for me? Would I have had the courage to tell her how I felt?

(Meredith's POV)

'Oh no, not him, not here why?'I thought to myself as I placed the last of my stuff in my bunk. Out of nowhere I saw Jamie's face pop out of the bunk on top of mine, "so are you happy with your new bedroom for the next month?" she said with a giant smile on her face "well to be honest Jaime, I'm..." "shh I don't wanna hear it" she said as she jumped out of her bunk and started to walk towards the couch and the others. All I really wanted to do was crawl back into my bunk and not get out before we was in Ann Arbor. As I once more looked towards the others I saw Dylan smiling at me and waved at me to come sit with the others. I slowly started to walk towards everyone as I felt the bus moving.

After some time Joey and Walker turned into their curious selfs, they tried to make the TV work, when Walker realized it wasn't gonna work he let out a sigh as he said "kids it looks like we have made it to IKEA" everyone started to laugh in the bus and as Walker sat down he started to make faces at us "so did anyone else notice the little sign out on the toilet?" I said, "yeah I did, that toilet doesn't count as a toilet now" Joey continued. I saw Bri getting up while was shaking his head he said "that can't be right, let me check with Don" he walked towards the driver and I heard him say, "hey Don? Do you know if we can poop on this bus?" "yes sir I do know" "okay" "absolutely not" "the thing is we talked to the bus company about that and were pretty explicit about... the... the... you know the privilege of being able to do that, that's why we ended up going with this bus company was so that we could poop on the bus" "haha, well make sure it's back there in the back... corner" "uh huh... yeah... okay but not in that toilet,huh?" "not in that toilet" "okay, thanks" he said as he walked back to his seat on the couch.

After some time I could feel my phone buzz in my pocket, for a reason I didn't know the first person I looked over at was Bri, I had just seen him texting someone, could that someone be me?

Dyl: smile :) and by the way I think you need to talk to Brian he seemed down earlier I think he needs a friend, he wouldn't tell me what was up, maybe you could. Haha see I could get you to smile :)

As I read the text I could feel a smile spreading across my face. After the break up and during the last couple of months of rehearsals Dyl and I had been talking a lot about everything. I knew that Dyl and I would never get back together and he was the only one in this group who knew my true feelings for Bri, everyone including Jade was convinced that I didn't liked Bri that way at all, that we were just really good friends.

As we got to Ann Arbor everything suddenly felt like home. I was the first one to get out of our bus and breath in the familiar Ann Arbor air. As Joey stepped out of the bus he said "man it feels like forever since I've been back here man" out of nowhere Lo punched his arm as she said "don't be stupid Joseph just just left remember?" "actually now that you mention it I do remember, and why did you need to hit me like that?" he asked as Lo simply smiled at him and started to laugh. I could feel a breath in my left ear right before I heard Dyl whisper "those two are so in love, they just don't know it yet" as he pulled away from me I could see him laughing.

As we arrive at Basement Arts I cant help but share a little tear, so many memories in such a little room. I see Bri standing all alone center stage, as I walked up behind him I said "I remember the last time all of us was gathered in this room" I smiled as one memory came back to me. The memory of Bri and mines first kiss. As he turned around I saw a smile spreading across his face. Could he have the same memory as me in his head? Before I could do or say anything he took my cheek into his hand as he said "me too Mere, me too" no moving my eyes away from him I placed my hand on top of his. I felt the electricity going through my body, like I had felt that night at the goodbye party. As we stood there I saw him starting to move his face closer to mine, I moisturized my lips and was just waiting for his lips to touch mine. When his lips were so close to mine I could taste him,we were interrupted by Julia yelling "are you too love birds done? Everyone else has already moved on" I could feel Bri letting go of my cheek as I saw him turning around. As I saw him vanish I couldn't stop it, I fell to the ground and started crying. For so long I had hold all of this back. When he was dating Lauren, then that girl no one knew and lastly Jaime. For so long I've had to hide my true feelings for him, seen him move on be happy with other girls, while I've been trying to collect the pieces of my broken heart. But now. What could this mean? Did I still actually have a chance with this guy? Was all the other girl just something to get over me? Can I finally be happy again?