Chapter 10 - Comming Clean

Chapter 10

(Meredith's POV)

I woke up the next morning to the smell of pancakes. I got up and dressed before I went downstairs in search of the source if this lovely smell. I got downstairs and followed the smell into our kitchen. There I found Dyl smiling and making breakfast to us. As I walked in he turned to look at me and said "morning beautiful" I walked over to him, gave him a quick kiss on his cheek and said "this smells so good" he smiled at me and said "take a seat and I'll bring it to you". I did as he said and took a seat by the table, not long after he came towards me with a plate filled with food, there were bacon, eggs, fruits and those pancakes. He placed the plate in front of me and I was ready to start eating. I was stopped by Dyl who took my hand and said "easy there tiger, please wait for me" I smiled at him and said "fine, but only if you tell me why all of this, you have never done something like this before" he looked at me and smirked at me as he said "am I not allowed to do this just cuz I wanted to?" I smiled at him and said "Dyl come on I know you, you are up to something" he sigheded and looked down into his plate of food, as he quietly said "your parents are coming tonight and..." Them he looked up into my eyes and continued "and cuz I wanted to make you happy" I almost choked in my eggs as he said my parents would be at the show tonight, I had no idea. I looked at him and said "but how, why, I mean how do you know this?" He smiled at me and said "calm down Mere they won't be here until the show, calm down my dear" he took my hand and made me calm down. We enjoyed our breakfast. After breakfast we went into our living room to watch some TV.

As the time went on, both Dyl and I realised we were running late. We quickly got up and drove as fast as possible down to the theater only to des over that we were not the only once who were late. The only one still missing were Brian. Everyone else was there in their costumes ready to do mic check, everyone except from Brian. When Dyl and I reach the other Nick almost shouted out "finally! Now we just need that lazy guy known as Brian" the others started to laugh at Nick's comment, that was until Nick said "guys it's not funny at all, it's mostly my mad bad I took him out last night, and ever since he's been different and this morning I couldn't get him to come with me, please anyone get him to come" I was for a quick second ready to raise my hand, but let go of the thought again, because everything from the other night came back. I didn't wanted to send him the wrong signals, I wanted to be friends and nothing more. Instead Joey was the one who took on the job of getting Brian to the theater in time.

After everyone else was done with soundcheck and almost ready to start the show, a half drunk Brian decided to show up. You could Nick and Matt wasn't very pleased with Brian showing up this late because as soon as he got on stage they started to clap at him and then Matt said "hey guys look who decided to show, Brian I'm glad you decided to join us today" I couldn't stop laughing a bit about the whole situation.

During the intermission I was on my way backstage to get some water and just to relax. On my way down the stairs I could hear Dyl and Brian talking together about something. I got a bit closer to them, and found a spot to stand in so they couldn't see me. "So I just thought you should I mean we are friends" I could hear Brian said, as he said those words I could feel how my head suddenly got heavy "I'm really happy for you tho" Dyl said "yeah me too, I really can't remember her, but so far she seems really amazing" Brian continued "I'm sure she is, you deserves the best" Dyl said followed by a small laugh from the both of them, and then came the one thing I feared the most "well there's something I have to tell you..." I could hear how Brian let out a small sigh before he continued "... Well do you remember the day of the party?" I guess Dyl must have nodded because Brian moved on with this story "well I saw Mere sitting outside all alone, and well how can I say this, but ever since my last day at college I had a thing for her and I told her, and then she, well she kissed me. Right after she left" the next thing I heard was Dyl almost shouting "WHAT" "Dylan calm down, it was my bad. I'm so so so sorry" I could hear Brian said. I felt down on the stairs and started crying, I couldn't hold it back anymore, so I let go of everything.

(Brian's POV)

I woke up the next morning a bit dizzy as I sat up. I woke up with not that many memories from last night. The one thing I was comepletely sure of and that was the fact that I was out with Nick and Jaime last night. As I laid there in my bed trying to make the world not to spin, I looked down at my right hand and there it was a number. I had no idea who the number belonged to but I still made the decision to text the number 'hey! No 100% sure how I got your number, but still I decided to text you, so hi!' Not long after I got a respond saying 'hi Brian! We talked last night down at the bar, and it was fun' I laughed a bit at the text. I spend the rest of that morning texting back and forward with that girl. I really had no idea who she was, but the more we talked, the more I liked that girl.

After a couple of hours I heard Nick shout at me "BRIAN DANIEL HOLDEN! GET YOUR ASS DOWN THERE RIGHT NOW! WE NEED TO LEAVE ASAP!" I sighed at him and said to him "I really don't wanna go tonight, can't you guys just do the show without me?" I heard Nick and Matt mumble something downstairs and then Matt said "Brian come on man, we need you on stage as Junior and you know that" I really didn't wanted to go, so I just ignored them. At the end I heard the door close as a sign of the boys leaving. I went downstairs and put on Superman as I continued texting this misirious girl from last night.

Almost at the end of my movie Joey called me, "Joey forget it, I know Nick made you do this, I don't wanna go" I said to him as I picked up the phone, I heard him laugh a bit in the other end as he said "actually I volunteered to do this, come on Brian I know you might be a hungover I get that, but we need you Trolden here right now. Come on do it for me man, Lo brought cake" I started smiling insanely even though I knew he couldn't see it and then I said "fine I'll be there asap" and then I hung up. I turned off my movie and got dressed.

When I reached the theater Nick decided to make a joke about the whole situation, I really didn't listen that much, I just smiled at everyone and got down to the dressing room to get ready. As I said there I heard my phone buzz it was a text from the musitous girl saying 'good luck tonight, maybe you'll see me there' I smiled to my self and put the phone away and got up to reunite with the others on stage.

When we hit intermission I saw that Dylan was all alone downstairs and decided I need to come clean with him. So I walked over to him and said "Dylan can I talk with you?" Dylan smiled at me and said "sure buddy, what's up?" I took a deep breath, first of I think I have meet someone, and she is really cute, I know this might be wired but I just wanted to let you know I mean we are friends" "I'm really happy for you tho" Dylan said "yeah me too, I really can't remember her, but so far she seems really amazing" I continued "I'm sure she is, you deserves the best" Dylan said and then we laughed, I took a deep breath and said "well there's something I have to tell you..." I let out a sigh and then continued "... Well do you remember the day of the party?" I saw Dylan nood at me so I countinued "well I saw Mere sitting outside all alone, and well how can I say this, but ever since my last day at college I had a thing for her and I told her, and then she, well she kissed me. Right after she left" then Dylan almost shouting at me "WHAT" "Dylan calm down, it was my bad. I'm so so so sorry" I said, but Dylan just stormed out of the dressing room, leaving me all alone.