Chapter 12 - Am I still dreaming?

Chapter 12
(Brian's POV)

When I woke up the next morning I could still smell the sweet strawberry sent from Camilla last night. Tonight is another performance of Starship and I know it will be an awkward day at the theater. After yesterday's break up and that conversation I had with Dylan.

I got up and got downstairs to find Meredith sitting all alone in the kitchen just looking out the window. I walked over to her, I could see she had been crying for a long time. I got over next to her, put my arm around her and pulled her into a sideways hug. She leaned her head up against my shoulder and said "thank you for being there for me yesterday Bri" "hey that is what friends are for Meredith, we are all here for you" I told her still not moving. We stood there for what felt like hours that was until she pulled herself away and turned to face me, she said "look Bri, can you be honest with me for one second?" I looked as I smiled and said "yeah, sure" she then asked me "what happened that night, was anything you said true? Or was it some kind of evil joke?" "Look Meredith I did mean every single thing I told you out on that front porch that night, and I still do, but I don't think right now is the best time, you need to get over this, you deserves better, I'm not telling you to get together with me, I'm telling you to go out with the girls, forget everything and be happy again, that is what you deserves Meredith" I told her as I once more tried to pulled her into another hug, I hated seeing her like this, but she pulled away from me and said "well okay. Another question why did you chose to tell Dyl? Why didn't you come to me first instead of going directly to him?" for a second I had no idea how to answer her, the only thing I could say was "I don't know Meredith, I'm so sorry I really am, but I have no idea, I'm sorry" and by that we were disturbed by Nick and Matt coming downstairs and into the kitchen. When they walked in and saw Meredith I had a conversation goin on they both stopped and then Nick said "oh I'm sorry, Matt I think we are interrupting something here. Let's go and watch some TV" as they were about to leave Meredith said "no boys it's okay, I was just about to go back to my room, see you all later at the theater" and by that Meredith left the kitchen.

When Meredith had left the kitchen Nick turned to Matt and said "would you excuse us for a second, I think Brian here need a friend to talk to" Matt simply nodded and left Nick and I alone in the kitchen. Nick walked over to me and said "so how are you doing buddy?" "oh not good at all, Meredith and I kinda got into a small fight, I know it's not that much but I kinda feel bad for being the reason her and Dylan broke up, i mean it wasn't supposed to happen you know? I just, I just don't know what to do Nick, I mean I really like that new girl but I would do anything to be with Meredith, and stupid enough of me I just told her that she shouldn't get with me, I don't know what wrong with me right now" I told him as I sunk down on one of the chairs by the table, nick pulled out one of the other chairs, sat down and said "look, I wish I knew exactly what to tell you right now to make you feel better, but I have no idea what to say to you but I don't, I'm sorry. Why don't you join me and Matt in the living room for a movie until we leave for the theater?" "Okay let's do this!"

Nick and I walked into the living room and joined Matt for High School Musical. Halfway through the movie I could feel my phone buzz, I took it put and saw a text from Meredith

Mere<3: hey, whenever you got 5 minutes, please come up here I need someone to talk to.

I looked over at the boys, smiled and quickly texted her back

Bri<3: sure, I'll be up as soon as this movie is over.

As I put my phone back in my pocket I saw Nick smiling at me from the other end of the couch. As I sat there watching the movie I kept thinking 'this is my chance to get the girl I want, the universe has sent me a sign and I'm following it'.

(Meredith's POV)

When I woke up the next morning when I woke up, I hope to the dead wizard god that what happened yesterday was all just a dream. I slowly opened my eyes only to find myself in my new room at the manor and not back in what used to be Dylan's and mines bedroom. I really didn't feel like getting up that morning all I wanted to do was to stay here in my bed, eat ice cream and watch movies. I finally got up and got dresses, I went downstairs and into the kitchen where I was supposed to make myself breakfast but I ended up just staring through the kitchen out into the morning slowly getting its grip on Chicago. I was thrown out of my thoughts by the noise of someone coming downstairs, I didn't remove my look, so I had no idea who had entered the kitchen. When I was pulled into a hug I could immediately recognize the smell of Bri, so I leaned my head up against my shoulder and said to him "thank you for being there for me yesterday Bri" "hey that is what friends are for Meredith, we are all here for you" he answered me, I couldn't believe that he called me Meredith, for as long as I can remember he has always called me Mere, but lately he has been calling me Meredith, I had no idea why, so I shook the thought out of my head. We stood there in the kitchen in the hug just staring out in the window, I pulled myself away from Bri, this was my chance to get answers from him while we were here alone, I looked at him and said "look Bri, can you be honest with me for one second?" he looked at me and smiled as he said "yeah, sure" I closed my eyes for a couple of seconds and took a deep breath before asking him the question that's been hunting me all night "what happened that night, was anything you said true? Or was it some kind of evil joke?" "Look Meredith I did mean every single thing I told you out on that front porch that night, and I still do, but I don't think right now is the best time, you need to get over this, you deserves better, I'm not telling you to get together with me, I'm telling you to go out with the girls, forget everything and be happy again, that is what you deserves Meredith" once more I could feel how my heart got a bit hurt each time he said Meredith, I still had no idea why he would use that, he has been acting so strange the last couple of days. He then tried to pull me into a hug but I really didn't feel like hugging him anymore, so I continued "well okay. Another question why did you chose to tell Dyl? Why didn't you come to me first instead of going directly to him?" he just stood there looking at me with a stupid look on his face "I don't know Meredith, I'm so sorry I really am, but I have no idea, I'm sorry" he said. He looked sad, but before I could say anything else to him we were disturbed by the Lang's entering the kitchen. As they walked in Nick said "oh I'm sorry, Matt I think we are interrupting something here. Let's go and watch some TV" I just wanted to leave so I saw this as my opportunity to leave the kitchen so I simply said "no boys it's okay, I was just about to go back to my room, see you all later at the theater" and by that I left the kitchen and went back to my room.

When I reached my room I changed back into my pj and got under my covers, pulled out my phone and texted Dyl

Step<3: so are we still not talking? Please I really need to talk to you, please at least give me a change to explain myself. I miss you teddy bear, please talk to me <3

I put my phone back down on my night table and turned my light off in hope of getting a bit more sleep.

I was awaken by my phone telling me I got a text

Dyl<3: look Step you really broke my heart, you kissed Brian and didn't tell me, if you just had told me when it happened instead of making up a story that wasn't true we might still be together. Look I still love you and would give up everything to get back together, I just need time, see you at rehearsal okay?

As I read his words on my screen I could feel the tears coming back. I knew he was right, I made up a lie to cover it up, I should just have told him as soon as I got home, I should be the one who should have told even yesterday not Brian, not at all. This was all my fault he was right. So I texted him back.

Step<3: I know I made a mistake and I'm sorry you are right, see you later<3

I knew I needed someone to talk to, someone who knew everything and since Dyl wouldn't talk to me I decided to text Bri.

Mere<3: hey, whenever you got 5 minutes, please come up here I need someone to talk to.

As I lay there in my bed waiting for Bri to respond or come up I looked through the pictures on my phone I had of Dyl and I, we had experienced a lot of thing through our years together, and I really didn't wanted it to be over, 'I need to find a way to make him forgive me and take me back' I thought for myself as I got a respond from Bri

Bri<3: sure, I'll be up as soon as this movie is over.

As I read the text I still believed that all of this has been a nightmare I would hopefully soon wake up from.