Book Two: Chapter Three

Start from the beginning

This is how we'll stand when

When they burn our houses down

This is what will be, oh glory

Reaching as I sink down into light

This is how we'll dance when

When they try to take us down

This is how we'll sing, oh

This is how we'll stand when

When they burn our houses down

This is what will be, oh glory

Legolas didn't say anything after I was done and I was just hoping that it didn't cause him to go deaf. I didn't dwell on it because Gimli was now jumping up and down, trying to see what was happening out there.

"What's happening out there?" he asked in a frustrated tone.

"Shall I describe it to you or would you like me to get you a box?" Legolas asked jokingly. Gimli laughed before a Uruk-hai yelled. The rest of the orc army began pounding their spears and we readied our bows. One arrow went sailing towards the Uruk-hai army, hitting it's mark. The orc fell to the ground, dying a second later. A few minutes later, the army charged at us in revenge.

"Their armor is weak at the neck and underneath the arms," Legolas said in elvish.

"Release the arrows!" Aragorn ordered and we released our arrows. For every Uruk-hai that we hit, another Uruk-hai would replace them. We continued firing but the Uruk-hai kept advancing. Soon they were putting up ladders against the walls.

"Burn them Arietta," Aragorn called to me in Elvish. I ran to the nearest one and placed my hands on it. The ladder burst into flames as the Uruk-hai were frantically jumping off of the ladder. I ran to the next one but Uruk-hai were already up and fighting us. Great, I had let Aragorn down.

"Swords! Swords!" Aragorn yelled and that's when I realized I had forgotten to get a sword yet again. Looks like I'll be using magic. A Uruk-hai charged at me and I waved my hand at him, almost bored-like, sending flames his way. The Uruk-hai couldn't get out of the way in time and in result, he caught on fire.

"Haha! Take that , ugly orc!" I grinned triumphantly before I heard Gimli's and Legolas's competition.

"Legolas! Two already!"

"I'm on seventeen!"

"Can I join the competition?" I called out to them.

"Sure," they replied in unison and I giggled as I continued shooting flames.

"Twenty, you guys!" I yelled.

"Twenty one!" Legolas called back after stabbing an orc. Suddenly, I spotted an orc running towards the gate.

"Bring him down, Legolas!" Aragorn yelled in desperation. Legolas fired many arrows but he kept running, eventually reaching the bombs that they had set up. Too late had I realised that I was right over the bombs and so was the rest of the fellowship. We tumbled down before getting back up. I looked around, feeling fearful for the first time. An orc charged at me and I put my hand out, expecting flames to shoot out but they didn't. Nothing happened, actually. I looked frantically around for my bow, only to find it broken by the fall. I closed my eyes and braced myself, expecting this to be the end. When I didn't feel any pain, I opened my eyes to see Haldir fighting off an orc. With renewed hope, I shot my hand out and got flames as a result.

"I'll be the death of both of us!" I yelled to him in Elvish.

"As long as I die for you." I gave a startled look before catching another orc on fire. I looked back at Haldir who was falling to the ground in pain. I ran towards him, killing any orc that came too close. When I finally got to Haldir, I dropped to my knees.

"Arietta," Haldir whispered hoarsely, taking my hand.

"Marry the Mirkwood elf and be happy," he added as I tears ran down my cheeks.

"Haldir, I can heal you. Just let me-"

"No," Haldir interrupted,"Please get to safety so I know that my passing was not in vain." I leaned down and kissed Haldir on the cheek before I heard his breathing stop. A sudden rage filled me as I looked at Haldir's lifeless body. I slowly stood up with my fists clenched. Haldir will be avenged! I turned around with both my hands, letting the rage and hurt take ahold of my power. A ball of fire formed and soon it was almost uncontrollable. The Uruk-hai stood there, waiting to see what I was going to do. Now orcs are dumb creatures but I think they knew what I was going to do.

"You like killing?" I asked them, trying to keep the ball of fire under control. The orcs looked at each other uncertainly.

"I like getting revenge, so if a few orcs die in the process, then so be it!" I pushed the ball of fire at them, catching about fifty on fire. I smiled as I heard their cries of agony. I heard my name then from behind me and I turned around to see Legolas lowering a rope. I climbed up it and saw that the remaining fellowship was okay. Then to my dismay, I blacked out.

***I hope this is long enough. I felt really bad about not updating so I tried really hard to make a long chapter. Comment, vote, fan:)***