Awake

I awoke, shivering yet drenched in sweat, I was splayed out on rough cement floor. I groaned, my head pounding as I took in my surroundings. A typical cell, the metal bars but nothing across from me, the room was empty. I noticed the heavy chains on my ankles and sighed. How did I get thrown into this mess?
I closed my eyes, remembering what had already happened.
"Take her, she's with nothing to me"
The words echoed in my head. Who's voice was it? Why? I knew I shouldn't have trusted them, any of them, but I let myself.
I sat, staring at the wall for several minutes wishing nothing more than to disappear out of this fiction-like world and pretend it never happened. I could feel my fiery blood pump thorough my veins, suddenly angered at the fact that I was taken. I stood up, gripping at the bars.
"So this is your plan, huh?" I yelled down the hallway, "Leave me in isolation and then what... tickle me? I am not the least bit scared of you Bryce!"

I don't remember much, just darkness with flashes of broken laughter and teary scenes. I told no one, they wouldn't believe me. As soon as I got pushed to my limits I "woke up" back in my normal world, in my normal life. In a cold sweat, crying, and my hands were shaking like crazy. I took a few shaky breaths in before passing out again before waking up later that night.

"She's gone?" Stella asked Lucas, a stone cold look on her face.
"Yes," Lucas answered, unfazed.
"And you're the one who gave her away," Stella said, choking back tears, "She's gone because of you, who's to say if I'll ever see her again?"
"Stella, I had to, it was the only thing I could do!" Lucas yelled.
"It was not and you know it! You could have gone after her, tried to fight, but you let them have her!" Stella argued, "You made her leave the place she finally felt she belonged in."
"Stella, leave," Lucas said breaking eye contact.
"But-"
"I said leave!"
"Fine, you know what I will, I'll leave you, Chelsie, Dani, Sydney, and Matt, the people I thought were my true friends, but they clearly aren't." Stella said before walking out.
"Wait!" Chelsie yelled running after her, grabbing her arm.
"Don't touch me! I don't- I can't trust you, not after this, I'm leaving, I don't want to see any of you again," Stella said, tears filling her eyes.

Stella awoke in her bed, and immediately grabbed her phone, texting Amber immediately.
Stella: Are you okay?
Amber: No... did that really happen?
Stella: I'm afraid so, what happened after Bryce took you?
Amber: I don't remember much, but it wasn't pleasant. If you don't mind telling me, who was it who told him to take me?
Stella: Lucas

Amber froze, her heart falling slightly, he handed me in, for torture, but why?

Amber: Oh.
Stella: I honestly wish that never would have happened.
Amber: I never want to go back. I guess we'll just have to live to forget.
Stella: I don't know how that's going to happen.
Amber: No one tried to stop you from leaving?
Stella: Chelsie tried, it was like she was trying to tell me something, but I wasn't in the mood to hear it.
Amber: Text me in the morning, alright? And we can figure out how to get past this together. Good?
Stella: Good, sweet dreams.
Amber: I doubt it.

End of Book 1

A/N: Well, I don't think any of us expected this, but don't you worry, I've already started book 2, thanks for all your support through this book, and I hope you will all continue to share your ideas and hopes for the second.
In fact, share your ideas/opinions with my in the comments!
Did you like this book?
What do you want to see in the second?
What character do you want to see/hear more of?
Thank you all!