His statement had just confirmed some of her suspicions, and if they proved to be right, boy were they in trouble.

"I'll take you to the medical room so you can get checked." She says with a smile, offering her arms to take the other hybrid.

"Thank you." He says giving her a curt nod as he carefully transfers the young hybrid to her.

"So what is this medical room?" He asks after a few steps.

"It's just to make sure that you are not sick or have wounds that require immediate attention, we're trying to avoid causing more damage than they already did." She kindly explains earning an understanding nod from him, falling silence as they continue their walk.

"D-did you see it?" He asks after a brief pause.

"Yeah." She says pursing her lips. "We saw it."

The hybrid can only nod in acknowledgement as they step into the medical room, several beds prepared for their arrival.

"What happened out there Namjoon-ah?" Jin asks helping him remove his uniform.

"I...um....I...t-tripped and fell down the slope." Namjoon replies keeping his gaze on the floor, wincing as Jin dabs a cotton pad with alcohol on his temple.

"Sometimes I wonder how you even became a detective." Jin says shaking his head.

"Ouch." Namjoon says letting out a small laugh. "It's because I have her." He adds glancing at EunMin who is busy talking to the hybrid.

"Let me see your foot." Jin says placing the dirty cotton pad in the trash, his brows furrowing as Namjoon struggles to remove his combat boots.

"I got it." EunMin says crouching down, gently pulling the shoe.

Namjoon visibly pales as his exposed foot comes to light, a big red mark painted on his ankle.

"Still as clumsy as ever I see?" Jisoo asks with a teasing smile as she looks at his swollen ankle, making the detective turn a slight shade of pink. "Don't worry, I'll take care of it oppa." She adds gently massaging his foot to soothe the pain.

Seeing that Namjoon was taken care of, Jin heads straight to the hybrids, checking their vitals and doing a brief physical exam before handing them a meal.

"It seems like you're good to go." Jin says with a smile, placing his stethoscope around his neck. "Aside from lacking some essential nutrients, everyone seems to be healthy.

"Thank you Doctor." The hybrid says with a grateful nod, surprising Jin.

"O-of c-course." Jin stutters clearing his throat. "If you're ready to call it a night, my sister will take you to your room.

Upon hearing her mention, said girl lifts up her head, wanting to protest her new task until she sees the look on her brother's face.

"Follow me please." She says exiting the room, giving them space to talk.

"Okay, we're alone now." Hoseok says fragging a chair closer to the detectives. "So what really happened out there?"

"This is bigger than we thought it was." Namjoon says letting out a sigh.

"Whatever it is we are going up against," EunMin starts, "they have being doing this for a long time and they're ready to fight anyone who dares to stop them."

"It's that bad?" Hoseok asks and the detectives nod their heads.

"If we're going to stop them, we are going to need an army of our own." Namjoon says. "We can help you find their facilities, but taking them down will be a lot harder."

"Okay." Jin says leaning back on one of the tables. "I guess our first mission should be finding out more about who were up against. We can take it from there."

"You too are really something." Hoseok says giving them a thumbs up. "But I think you should get some rest, you both look tired."

"Yeah." Both say at the same time.

"I'll help you to the room." EunMin says offering Namjoon a hand.

"Don't worry," Jisoo says from somewhere around the room, "you can get some rest, I'll help him." She says bringing a wheelchair forward.

"I can still walk Jisoo." Namjoon says slightly rolling his eyes, covering his face in embarrassment.

"Nonsense." She says. "Seeing how swollen your ankle is, you better take a break, and you if you really want to sleep, you should stop arguing with me."

"Okay, okay." Namjoon says slowly getting up, lifting his hands up in a surrendering manner.

"Off we go!" Jisoo says pushing the wheelchair until they are out of sight.

"Good night guys." EunMin says.

"Night EunMin."

🐾🐾🐾

Namjoon stiffly lays down on the bed, wincing as he places a pillow under his foot. He could really use some sleep right about now, but it seemed like someone had different plans for them.

Somewhere nearby, Taehyung slowly makes his way to the detective's room, a frown etched on his face as he sees the wheel hair outside of their room.

Did something happen?

He wonders, carefully prying the door open, wincing when it creaks loudly.

"H-hyung?" Taehyung hesitantly calls out, biting his bottom lip in regret as he sees his hyung's sleeping figure.

Namjoon who had just started to fall asleep, wakes up with a jolt, immediately sitting up on the bed. "I'm awake." He says pressing the bridge of his nose, his eyes alert as he looks at the boy. "What's up Tae?"

"I-it's nothing." Taehyung says slightly biting his bottom lip.

"Come on Tae." Namjoon says offering the boy a small smile. "Did something happen?" He insists making Taehyung swallow hard.

"Yoongi hyung is gone."

(2019

(2019.10.21)