Part 9: Encounters

Start from the beginning

"Guess Eri and I have to have an even more of a talk once we get home." Izuku thought to himself.

—————

Upon arriving home, Ochako went straight to take a nap. Although she hadn't done much other than attend her ultrasound appointment and ride in the car to the bakery, she was exhausted.

"I'll see you guys in a little while." She sleepily said to her husband and daughter as she made her way upstairs.

Once she closed the bedroom door, Izuku glanced down at Eri with a raised brow.

She glanced back up at him with a nonchalant look on her face as she finished the last few bites of her apple.

"Eri Midoriya." He stated somewhat firmly.

"What? I was just looking out for you and momma." She stated confidently as shrugged her shoulders.

Izuku let out a sigh.

"Eri, sweetheart. I understand your intentions, but you can't go around threatening people like that." He crossed his arms as he continued to look down at her.

"Yeah, but she would have deserved it! I would have taken my entire apple, except the couple bites I took out of it, and whacked the upside of her head with it."

Midoriya put his hand to his forehead as he shook his head.

"You are something else. Just. No more threatening people with apples, okay?"

Eri grumbled. "Fine. Can I go to my room now?"

Izuku started to answer with a "Yes" until he remembered something else.

"Wait. You come back here, young lady." He called up to Eri after she had tried to sneak past him and go up the stairs.

Eri slowly turned around to face Izuku. "Yeeees?" She said with a nervous smile.

"Come here." He stated as he pointed down to where he was.

Eri hesitantly walked back down to the bottom step and sat down on it, looking up nervously into her father's glaring green eyes.

"Eri. Do you want to tell me something about a certain boy?" He asked, his arms once again crossed.

Eri could have sworn she saw a small vein popping out of his head. "W-what boy?"

"Someone by the name of Kota."

"K-Kota? Oh. He's just my friend from school.."

Eri couldn't maintain eye contact with her father. She played with her hair as she always did when she was nervous.

"Anyways. I have a project to work on for next week so bye, papa!"

She scampered up the stairs to her room before he could ask her anything more.

"What am I going to do with her?" Izuku asked himself as he made his way to his and Ochako's bedroom.

—————

Izuku attempted to quietly crack the door open so he could slip inside the bedroom without waking up Ochako. He knew she needed as much rest as she could get.

He sat down on the bed next to her and gently grabbed her hand. He closed his eyes and let out a deep breath in order to calm his nerves when he felt a small squeeze of his hand.

He turned his head to see she was wide awake.

"Hey. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to wake you." He said quietly.

"No, no. It's okay. I couldn't really sleep. You look a little distraught. What happened?" She asked as she sat up in bed.

"Oh, nothing. It's just that I think Eri might have feelings for Kota. You remember him, right?"

"Of course I do. Mandalay is his caregiver, and you saved him from Muscular 6 years ago."

"Yes, but did you not hear what I just said?"

"I did. You're afraid Eri has feelings for him. Izuku, I get that Eri is your little girl, but she's going to grow up eventually. She'll be 12 here in 3 months. I know she's young, and she's a little too young for a serious boyfriend right now, but one day, she'll be 15 and dating like we were."

Izuku didn't know what to say. He didn't like the idea of Eri dating anyone despite his love for Kota.

"You've got to stop letting Papa Bear come out so much." Ochako scolded as she placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Don't worry about it for now. It'll all be okay. You and I have other things that we need to focus on."

She smiled warmly at him as she took his hand and placed it on her stomach.

He returned the warm smile as he glanced down at her belly.

"Yeah. You're right." He learned down and gave her stomach a kiss.

"We're going to focus on you right now, little one, or time will slip past us and you'll be dating too. Time flies so fast, and I want to make sure that we enjoy every minute of it. We already love you so much, and we can't wait to meet you." He softly rubbed Ochako's stomach as he spoke to it. She couldn't help but giggle at the sight.

"Come on, Izuku. Let's go get dinner ready."

• • • • •