CHAPTER 34: Freedom Granted At A Steep Cost

Bakugou's POV:

I couldn't feel or see anything.  All I could do is think and hope Deku would pull through for everyone's sake. Then out of no where.  I could hear Deku's voice.

" I love you Katsuki Bakugou.  If only I had never been born. Then you and everyone else would still be safe."

After Deku said that. I noticed a crack forming over my eyes. So now I can see him walking away crying.  I want to run after him but I can't. I try to move in order to break free. Then I hear Deku whince in pain. I saw that he fell to his knees and started to barf. Then he fell head first into the water. I couldn't believe what I saw. There's a huge puddle of blood where Deku got sick at. I managed to muster enough strength to break free.

"DEKU HANG ON! I'M COMMING FOR YOU!"

When I got to the edge  of where he had fell in the water. I noticed the cliff that was about a hundred feet up from the water. If it wasn't for his bright green fin. I wouldn't be able to see him getting carried away by the current.  I jumped in after him and started to swim with the flow of the water, but I'm slower then I use to be for some reason.  Then I felt the need for air all of a sudden.  Soon After that I lost sight of Deku and went to the surface gasping for air.

"Damnit I don't understand what's going on. Mermaids aren't supposed to need air when they're in salt water."

I looked back and saw that I didn't turn into a mermaid and that I still had legs. So I swam back to see how everyone else was holding up. I knew if I had swam anymore to catch Deku. I would've drowned for sure. By the time I got back. Everyone was free from the crystals. We all tried  to use our quirks but to no avail.  Then we tested to see if anyone who touched the water. Whether it be salt or fresh water.  If they would turn into a mermaid.  No one did. After about a week of non stop work. I finished making a ship to look for Deku and set sail with plenty of supplies.