CHAPTER 10: Curiosity

Bakugo's POV:

In the morning I wake up to loud thuds. My first thought was that we were under attack. However it was Deku trying to break the tank and escape. He would spin around as fast as he could. Then body slam the glass.

"Nice try Deku but that glass is 2 inches thick. Not only that but it's too small for you to build up momentum."

"Please just let me go! I belong in the sea."

His voice sounded muffled because of how thick the glass was. Plus it was filled to the top with salt water.

"You had better start talking or I'll sale you in the black market to the highest bidder. Now tell me everything you know about Quirk island and how you became a merman!"

He curled up in a ball at the bottom of the tank. He refused to talk to me for quite some time afterwards. So I used the valve on the tank to empty it slowly.

"Wh..what are you doing!? No STOP!"

"Start talking then Deku."

I looked down at Deku and started to laugh. Once it was empty he says.

"Why are you being so mean to me Kacchan!?"

His eyes widen after he said my nickname that I still hated to hear.

"So you do remember me?"

"Wait Kacchan is your name?"

"Don't play dumb Deku. Of course it's not. That's the damn nickname you gave me when we were kids."

He looks down and away from me.

"Now for lying to me about loosing your memories. I'm going to see what happens when I fill this tank with fresh water instead of salt water."

I turned on the fresh water valve and within seconds it was half full. His fin went away and turned to legs.

"Kacchan stop please you'll k--!"

Before he could finish what he was going to say. The water went over his head. He started banging on the glass frantically. Then I saw bubbles come out of his mouth as he went limp. I emptied the tank again and he didn't move.

"Stop faking looser. Merman can't drown. Now get up!"

Not a single movement from him. So I climbed up the latter on the side of the tank, and unlocked the top. He still didn't move.

"Oh shit DEKU!!"