Chapter 5

I cracked my knuckles as Himeko beamed us down to where they last got a signal from Bronya.

"So she should be somewhere around here right?" I asked taking a step forward

"Yes. Although be careful. Cocolia could be planning something." Mei stated walking ahead of me and Kiana 

Our footsteps echoed against the stone roadway as we approached the orphanage. I kept my guard up since not a living soul was around which was odd. Especially for an orphanage. Right as we were about to enter the orphanange five robots landed in front of us.

"I was wondering when they were going to send in a Valkyrie force. I was starting to think nobody was coming." Cocolia appeared from behind them with a smirk

"And I thought milfs were out of style." I huffed unsheathing my weapons

"Oh?" Cocolia looked at me causing Mei to step in front of me protectively, "You're the girl that stopped Bronya earlier weren't you?" 

"Maybe." 

"Well if I can't get a herrscher I would love to have a knight." 

I narrowed my eyes at Cocolia gripping my swords tightly.

"Knight? What is she talking about?" Kiana looked at me confused 

"She's just talking shit." I growled getting into a fighting position, "Let's just get Bronya and get out of here."

"Don't get too cocky." Cocolia growled quickly pointing her hand to me, "Bring me the knight!"

Three of the robots rushed forward while two others stayed back with Cocolia. Kiana began to fire at the three while Mei and I moved to intercept them. I easily cut my robot in half and jumped over the second one. I landed behind it and it quickly tried to hit me with it's arm. I dodged it again, cutting off the arm in the process. While it was distracted by me Kiana fired at it's knees, blowing them out. She jumped above it before shooting it in the head. I gave her a nod in silent thanks as it fell to the ground. I turned around to face Cocolia and the remaining robots only to see a barrage of missiles coming towards me. A missile barely missed my cheek, and I could feel it leaving a scratch across my cheek. 

My eyes widened as Kiana, Mei, and I desperately began to dodge the missiles. Kiana did her best trying to shoot the missiles but there were just too many.

"Mei!" I called out to her, "We're just going to have to rush them! There's no other choice! Kiana try to clear a path for us."

"You got it!" 

Mei and I dashed forward while Kiana shot all of the missiles in front of us. For a split second the robots hesitated, giving Mei and I the window we needed. Without hesitation we cut the robots in half, leaving Cocolia stunned. 

"You're coming with us." I commanded pointing my sword at her

"I'm flattered but I'm not going with you. BRONYA!" Suddenly Bronya landed in front of her, glaring at the three of us, "Take care of them Bronya. Bring me the knight and herrscher when you're done." 

Bronya nodded and Cocolia began to walk away. 

"You're not going anywhere!" I snarled rushing towards her

She turned around and smirked at me just before Bronya's golem appeared in front of me. I could feel my face paling as it's metal hand reached out to grab me. I couldn't stop myself and ran right into the hand. It curled it's fingers around me before throwing me into a wall. I grit my teeth in pain as I slammed through the wall. 

"Y/N!" I heard the worried shouts of Kiana and Mei

"I-I'm fine!" I responded getting up from the rubble, "Wendy is so going to kill me." I muttered wiping some blood from my lip, "Let's just hurry up and defeat her."

Mei nodded rushing towards Bronya. Bronya fired multiple energy blasts, all of which Mei easily dodged. Although right as she was about to strike at her Bronya fired another energy blast, hitting Mei right in the stomach. 

"Mei!" Kiana called to her as she was sent flying past Kiana and into a building

"Kiana!" I shouted to her before she could run after Mei, "Do you still have the dart Himeko gave you?" 

"Yeah."

"Load it into one of your pistols. There's no way we'll be able to inject the serum up close. You'll have to shoot it from afar. I'll give you an opening."

Kiana nodded quickly loading the serum into her pistol. Ignoring the pain from my back I sprinted towards Bronya. Just like she did with Mei, she fired multiple energy blasts all of which I dodged. I noticed Bunny, her golem was behind her which left a space between them. I swung one of my swords between them before kicking Bunny away. He crashed into a window as I wrapped my arm around Bronya, and she immediately began to struggle. With my other hand I grabbed her chin turning her head to the side giving Kiana a perfect shot. 

"Now Kiana!" I commanded

She pulled the trigger and within a second the dart was in Bronya's neck. She went limp in my arms just as I heard something metal fall to the ground behind me. I looked over my shoulder to see Bunny on the floor. Kiana ran to Mei's side helping her out of the wreckage. They walked over to me as I looked around for Cocolia.

"Looks like the milf got away." I sighed frustrated, "Can one of you take her back to the ship?"

"Why?" Mei asked, "There's nothing left to do here." 

"Well I have somethings to look into. I'll be back here in a few minutes." I stated handing the unconscious Bronya to Mei

"Wait-"

I ignored Mei's calls and ran into the vacant orphanage. I passed what seemed like labs before heading up some stairs. Dust was visible all over the place but I could see footprints in it leading to an office. I cautiously opened the door to reveal an old office. Someone was obviously here before me since files were scattered all over the place. A couple caught my eye. I picked one up that had the red letters 'CLASSIFIED' on it. I opened the folder and began to read it. My fingers curled around the paper as my eyes couldn't believe what I was reading.

"She's a spy.."