"Elroy has changed."

"People don't change, Damien. It's either they become a better person, or they just hide their true nature for a while." I said.

Damien sighed. "He likes you, you know."

I raised a brow at him. "He doesn't."

"He does." Damien said with so much certainty.

"Did- did he tell you that?" I asked, suddenly forgetting about my anger. I also tried not to sound eager.

"He didn't have to tell me, Fay. It's pretty obvious. The way he talks about you, even the way he looks at you. And it's so obvious you feel the same way."

I gulped. "You're wrong Damien. Yes, he might care about me but- he doesn't like me. If he does like me, he wouldn't do this to Lucas."

"It's funny how you're so concerned about Lucas, it's almost almost as if you didn't see how hurt Elroy was." Damien said.

"I did see how hurt he was, but like I said before; it's nothing compared to Lucas's condition. Besides, Lucas is my best friend."

"And Elroy is your boyfriend."

"Yeah, a boyfriend who has done nothing but to make my life miserable ever since I set my eyes on him."

"Don't forget he's still the same guy who's ready to do anything to make up for it." Damien countered back.

I blinked, looking away.

"You have to learn to trust him."

I scoffed. "Trust him? He's trying to convince me that Lucas is evil, a liar. He's trying to make me hate him."

Damien shook his head. "He probably has his reasons, Fay. But I can assure you that Elroy didn't do that to Lucas."

"So who did?" I asked.

Damien shrugged. "I don't know, he probably paid someone off to make you think Elroy did it to him."

"Now that's preposterous. Who would do that?"

"A desperate person?"

"You can't just accuse him off something so horrible, Damien. I know Lucas, he isn't capable of something so terrible."

Damien watched me carefully. "Okay, what if I told you I had proof."

I etched my brows, feeling the wave of confusion hit me. "Proof?"

"Yeah... I Know a guy who knows a guy who actually knows some other guy who can get me the surveillance footage of what really happened. I can even text him now if you want." Damien said.

I raised a brow at him. "Why would you have access to that?"

Damien gave me a look that screamed 'really?' "Sparks might be signed under Elroys' name but it's still a property of the Chesterfields. It's as much mine as it is his. Same goes to every company signed in the Chesterfields name."

"Oh." I muttered. "But what's it gonna prove? I'll just see what I know already so-"

"Why don't you take a look first. Then you can know who's really lying and who's telling the truth." He said.