3-Captain Spirit

A few weeks later..

The days got colder as autumn died down. Y/n was always thankful to Claire for taking care of her.

'It's getting colder damn, imagine if I was by myself out there... or worse, I could've been dead...' y/n shook the negative thoughts away, afraid it'll ruin her mood for the whole day.

"Y/n! Can you come down here for a second please?" Yelled Claire from downstairs.

"Sure Claire, I'm coming!"

Y/n dashed down the stairs and headed straight to the lounge area. "Oh there your are, dear,you wouldn't mind taking these brownies to our neighbour. His name's Charles and his son is Chris! I would love for you to meet him, young boy has a big imagination. Also he loves these brownies!"

Claire said pointing to the brownies in the counter."You see, I would do it dear but I have to run some errands and Stephen is out at his workshop, do you mind?" Asked Claire.

Y/n shook her head. "Not at all Claire that's fine!" Y/n exclaimed. Claire smiled appreciating her approval.

"Looks like your getting cozy here, not that's a bad thing."

"Yeah it's a real nice place out here, to be honest it's way more quieter than when I lived out in Arcadia Bay." Y/n looked down as it was still a sensitive subject to her.

"Oh dear, that's why me and Stephen love it out here! And don't ever forget about your real home." Claire genuinely smiled.

Y/n never told them about what happened that night. After all Claire and Stephen did for y/n, she feels guilty not telling them.

But she knew if she would, she'll probably get kicked out, knowing that Claire is a Christian, thinking she might be a child of the devil.

The thoughts ran in her head like a roller coaster, just looping and going in ups and downs.

What y/n did know is that Claire's and Stephen's one and only daughter, Karen, broke all ties with them and is...still a sensitive subject to both of them, especially Claire.

'Apparently she broke ties with her husband and kids too, poor family.' Y/n thought, staring into the distance.

'It's better than having none...'

"Time to take the brownies! Almost forgot" y/n rushed to get the brownies off the counter and headed outside. She raised her hands and brownies levitated and floated perfectly down at her hands.

'Haven't used this as much after what happened at the party and Arcadia Bay'

As soon as she step foot out at the door, the cold air hit her face, sending chills down her spine.

Y/n walked over to the neighbours' house, seeing a treehouse at the behind the house.

Ding!

The doorbell rang through the house. A few minutes later, the door opened and a little boy around the age of 9 or 10 stood in front of her,in a red cape.

"Uh.. hello?"

"Hi! My name's y/n, I actually live next door to you guys, with Claire and Stephen." Y/n introduced.

"Oh! Claire told me about you yesterday!" Exclaimed Chris.

"I'm Chris! Nice to meet you" he smile at y/n, holding out his hand.

"Nice to meet you Chris,well what's the cape for? A secret mission?" Y/n asked playing along.

She loved kids and thought that playing along would be cool.

"You can't tell anyone okay?", Whispered Chris," but I'm captain spirit."

"That's so cool dude! Promise won't tell anyone."

"Hey Chris Who are you- oh.. uh.. hey there" y/n saw a man around his 30's come up behind Chris. "Oh..uh hi! My name's
Y/n" she introduced herself once again. " oh, hey lets make it official, I'm Charles Eriksen." Charles says.

"Nice to meet you." Y/n says as she shakes his hand." So you're staying with the Reynolds?" Asked Charles in curiosity.

"Uh.. yes! Claire told me to drop these off to you guys, as a peace offering!" Y/n cringed at her choice of words.

'Seriously? Peace offering what the fuck am I an alien?'

"Oh! Thank you so much, would you like to come in?" Asked Charles.

'I have nothing to do anyways so...'

"Sure! Thanks" approved y/n. For some reason, her guts did a lot of twist and turns, having a bad feeling about Charles but she shrugged it off and enters the household.

Time skip

After that day y/n would always babysit Chris when Charles is at work at the railroad.

She played a long with him. She teamed up with captain spirit as 'super nova' and y/n had to admit, she loved it.

After a few weeks of babysitting Chris when his dad's away from work, he finally trusted y/n and built up the courage to tell her the truth about Charles. Y/n knew he was contemplating whether to say it or not, so she asked first.

"Chris I just want to ask, are you in good terms with your dad?" Asked y/n gently, knowing it's such a sensitive subject for Chris.

Chris looked up, his eyes wide. "When he drinks he just gets carried away..that's all."

Y/n wanted to ask more but decided to drop the subject.

A sudden idea popped into y/n's mind. 'Chris seems like a decent kid, plus he won't tell anyone about my power just to lift the mood and if he does as sad as it is, people won't probably believe him' y/n had a mental argument for a few minutes but she agreed on one choice.

"Hey Chris! I've got a secret you promise you can't tell anyone ok?"

"Pinky promise, y/n swear!"

"I've got a superpower.."

"WAT?!" Exclaimed Chris, shocked at the fact. Y/n put her index finger on her lips gesturing him to keep quiet.

'This might've been a dumb idea but the smile on his face is priceless'

Y/n demonstrated to Chris her "power" and he was in awe.

"No telling anyone ok? Not even your dad or Claire or anyone in particular... just our secret deal?" Whispered y/n.

" I promise wait- why are we whispering" Chris laughed.

Ever since that day y/n and Chris' bond became stronger and see themselves as brothers and sisters, something that both of them never really felt until now.

A/n: DON'T WORRY I promise the wolf brothers will be coming at the next chapter.
I just wanted to establish the connection between this two because it will be important in the future.

~🐺 🐺 🐺