"Everything can be destroyed!" Mug yelled as loud as he could, instilling confidence into his own self. "Even the Devil!" Even though the mug spoke with confidence, he wasn't truly sure that the second part was feasible. However, Mugman felt quite sure that such a threat was sure to put fear into anything else.

"Shit! This isn't working anymore...." The shadow mug's smile turned into a scowl as a different voice came from it. Arms fell to its sides. Mug gasped as he heard a dark and familiar voice ring through his head. For it was a voice he had not heard in months, and he had hoped he would never hear it again.

"Huh? That voice...." Mugman pondered, hoping that it wasn't real. "C-Could it be...?"

"Uh..." The creature said in the new voice. It was still in a state of shock at the thought that the mug child recognized his voice. He then changed it back to the old one to try and throw off his small adversary.

"Well, if you're not scared of me.... then perhaps this isn't realistic enough for you!" It hissed as the smile came back to its mug. Bubbles of sludge started to float upward around the shadow mug. They then spread to cover the rest of the environment. Mug leaned and stepped out of the bubbles' paths. He realized this meant that the dark creature was about to leave. His brown boots pounded against the concrete ground, narrowly weaving through the asynchronous streams of bubbles.

"Let's see how you deal with this!" A wicked smile plastered onto its face as it prepared to make its exit.

"Hey, wait! Come back here!" Mugman called out as the black mug started to get blocked out by all of the sludgy bubbles. They then started to consume him as well, closing in on his little glass body and making him feel claustrophobic. Everything went black for the mug child. He could not see, hear, or feel anything. This darkness remained for a few seconds. When Mug was finally able to open his eyes, he found himself back in his room. Everything was quiet. And more importantly, everything seemed normal. The little mug sat up and looked around. He looked down to find his blue pajamas on his body. Did that mean he was awake? Mug thought so.

"That was weird. For a moment, it sure sounded like..." For the little mug was so in shock that it couldn't even say the king of darkness's name. Gloved hands rubbed against his mug as his eyes grew wide, straining to comprehend what this all meant.

An uncomfortable moan came from his sibling's bed.

"Huh?" Mug wondered as his gaze whipped to the left. Cuphead was still in bed, but his body seemed to tense and curl up.

"Cuphead, a-are you okay?" Mugman urged as he slid out of his bed. The young mug plodded over to the neighboring bed. Another moan emitted from his seemingly sleeping brother. Mug began to gently shake him back and forth in an attempt to wake the young cup.

"Come on, big bro! Say something!" He kept urging. The mug child grabbed his sibling's arm and turned him over. Two piercing yellow eyes met his gaze. Mug gasped and jumped back from the mutating body. Fiery pupils locked onto his position. Large, silver fangs grew from the cup's mouth as he began to grow. His red pajamas now turned purple as did his straw and nose. Cuphead's growth caused the pajamas to rip in multiple spots. Mugman heard the fabric rip open like a knife was cutting through it. The glass body snarled as it sat up and continued to grow. Red flames frothed from his cup as it went to stand up. Patches of glass skin were visible from all the rips in his clothes. The mutated cup then took a deep breath before unleashing a screeching roar at its smaller sibling. Mugman screamed in terror and ran for the door.

"Help! Elder Kettle!" He cried out. Cuphead jumped and landed loudly in front of the mug child as it neared the door. Mug came skidding to a halt right in front of his brother's death-bringing jaws. Cuphead closed the door without looking. He stared intently at the trembling child in front of him. A large gloved hand seized the little mug's blue pajamas by the chest and lifted him off the ground. Poor Mugman was brought deathly close to the fangs that were multiple inches long and thick. They were so large that Mug was sure that just one of them could crush his entire chest without much effort. He turned his head to the right to avoid his nose getting poked by the knife-like end of a tooth.