1

Luke.

I was working the day shift, the ER was surprisingly slow, but I wasn't complaining.

Just as I had sat down to take a break, the doors opened, making me groan as I immediately moved back to my feet.

"What we got?" I spoke to the paramedic, who was pushing a very alert teenage girl, who held what looked like a rag to her mouth, blood drops scattered across her school uniform, her eyes meeting my own immediately.

"Sixteen year old female, Harley- involved in a school fight, a deep cut to her bottom lip, I can't even make it stop bleeding to get gauze over it" he explained as we moved her to a real bed, her never saying a word.

"Okay Harley" I exhaled, putting gloves on and throwing a towel over her lap to catch any blood that fell.

I grabbed some gauze, looking to her as she stared to me.

"I'm going to pull this away, okay?" I asked.

She gave a small nod, making me immediately do so, watching blood immediately gush from her lip.

I pushed the gauze to her lip, watching her wince lightly.

"Sorry" I spoke to her, looked to the rest of her face, seeing a bruise forming near her jaw.

Once I got it to finally stop bleeding, I knew she needed at least three stitches.

"What cut your lip?" I asked her.

"She has a ring on" She spoke, clearing her throat lightly.

"Unfair advantage" I spoke, watching the smallest smile come to her face.

"You're telling me" she mumbled as I grabbed several things, setting them on the tray beside the bed.

"Harley May- you are in so much fucking trouble" a women- who I assumed was her mother busted through the door, catching us both off guard.

"I know" Harley spoke simply, not seeming to care in the slightest.

"How many fights do you plan on getting in this month?" She questioned.

"However many it takes" Harley shrugged lightly.

"And this is why you're still in the fucking adoption services" the woman spoke, making Harley laugh under her breath.

My eyes met hers, I felt sympathy for the kid.

"I'm going to numb your lip, okay?" I spoke.

"Okay" she spoke to me, allowing me to grab her chin, carefully numbing her lip, noticing she barely reacted.

"I can't wait for the day you start a fight with someone stronger than you- get your ass best and finally learn a fucking lesson" the woman cursed to her.

As soon as I stepped away from numbing, Harley's head shot towards her.

"I'm not fighting people for no fucking reason-" "you need to learn how to handle your anger" the woman spat out.

"And they need to learn basic human decency" Harley shot back, making me clear my throat lightly, making Harley look to me, where I pulled her chin up towards me again.

"Don't tell me they're bullying you" the lady laughed out sarcastically.

"Oh fuck off"