Pumpkins Part 2 - Sophiana

a/n I love this picture soooooooo much!!! Major props to the photographer. I hope you enjoy this chapter, it's hopefully slightly more Halloween-ish and Sophiana-y than the last one.  Also, sorry this took so long! I've been busy with school and stuff... I'll be sure to write more often, especially when I'm doing a two part story. Also, WHAT!? How am I #1 in Kam and Solinh??? I mean, it's awesome, except of course for the fact that I haven't written any Kam or Solinh yet. So. I'll have to get to that soon. But for now... story! Also, just for going forward, be careful, friends. I may get inspiration for a particularly evil plot... watch out for triggers. I won't put them in purposefully, but be careful. Stay safe, amazing readers.

The sun was setting at Havenfield, painting the sky in huge whorls of crimson and blazing vermilion. Golden clouds scalloped the sky as if the heavens were another sea, reflecting the brilliant colors of the eventide. The ocean glittered in the same colors as the incredible sunset above it, though when waves broke on the shore, they shone turquoise like hidden gemstones. The white sand on the beach was dyed peach from the vibrant glow of the dusk sky.

Sophie and her friends stood at the edge of the cliff, preparing themselves to leap. She looked at her friends, marveling at the ability of the incredible seamstress who had made their costumes. Sophie was dressed as a cat, in hands down the cutest cat costume the world had ever seen. Linh looked angelic, as usual - of course, it did help that she actually was dressed as an angel. Tam was doing a group costume with her, dressing up as the devil. Biana looked absolutely stunning in a bejeweled, baby blue ball gown and delicate silver tiara. She wore crystal heels on her feet, and was clearly masquerading as Cinderella. The other boys all grouped together as various superheroes. Sophie wasn't sure where all the human costume ideas came from, but they all looked amazing. She looked at them and smiled, reminding them that she would keep them safe. Only Biana looked over and returned her soft smile. The dark haired elf offered a gleeful smile, her teal eyes reflecting the intense hues of the sunset. Sophie took a deep breath. The easy joy and trust in Biana's eyes gave her the strength to begin counting down.

"Three... two... one..." Sophie readied herself to call the command to jump, but Keefe beat her to it.

"JUMP!" He yelled before hurtling himself over the edge, dragging everyone else with him. The others screamed as they were yanked off the ground and suddenly found themselves falling through the sky. The extra adrenaline and anger at a certain blond haired elf fueled Sophie's mind and allowed her to create the tear in the universe that launched them into the void.

"KEEFE!" Sophie yelled once they were safe in the quiet darkness between realities. Though she couldn't see a thing, she got the distinct impression that Keefe was smirking like mad.

"Gotta keep you on your toes once in a while, Foster! Can't let you get rusty in the near-death-experience department!" Sophie rolled her eyes and sighed. The others grumbled, but she could hear the smile in their voices. She took a deep breath and focused, picturing the place they were going: a neighborhood she had always trick-or-treated at when she still lived in San Diego. Sophie knew that they were probably a bit old to trick-or-treat, but she was going to show her friends every single fun tradition of Halloween that she could. 

Thunder crashed, and they fell into the mist shrouded yard of an old Victorian house. In this part of the world, it was full dark. There were a few kids walking through the open door of the old house, and Sophie spotted a sign that read Haunted House: Enter if you Dare. Sophie repeated the sign for the benefit of the other elves, who didn't read English.

"So, what do you think, guys? Do we dare?" Sophie asked with a smirk. She remembered this haunted house from when she was younger, though she had never gone inside. Rumor had it that it was not for the faint of heart. The others nodded enthusiastically, though Linh looked rather nervous. They walked together towards the rickety door of the old building.