Chapter 27. Gnumus

Start from the beginning

They were of little concern to him now. He quickly turned the scope in curiosity to get a look at the large object the two had dropped.

It was the Rhaa technology. He focused in on it and could faintly see the trademark shards of woven metal as they gleamed in the sunlight.

Hud grinned. This mission just got really easy. He wouldn't even have to step foot in the ship.

He continued his examination. The technology seemed to be some sort of encasing mechanical suit, and there was definitely a being inside of it.

He knew he was looking for some type of robot. A Circuit. He wasn't very familiar with the Circuit species, but he knew they were robotic. The thing that was shelled in the technology was definitely mechanical from what he could tell through the scope.

The best news of all was that the target seemed somehow incapacitated. We wouldn't even have to chase the thing down!

He zoomed out and turned the scope until he found the five beings again. They had finished inspecting the dead officers and had hurriedly turned back to retrieve the target. They were moving with a slight panic, struggling to make their way through the dust.

"More casualties." Sighed Hud quietly as he zoomed in on them. They would all have to die.

He studied the group, trying to decide who would be the best option to get first. There was a large lizard creature, probably a Quibeek; a pink transparent crystal creature whose species Hud didn't recognize; a little blue Terilli; a Kelpar from his own universe and—

Hud froze.

It was Natilliea.

Hud pulled his face away from the scope and squinted at the group with his own eyes. Was the heat of the dust getting to him? Maybe that hit on the head in the Rapiki hangar did more damage than he thought.

Hesitantly, he looked again through the scope, focusing back on the female Human with the golden hair.

It was Natilliea.

He quickly pulled away again.

That was impossible. Natilliea was in his hands, purring away in the form of a sniper rifle.

But there she was, picking up and helping to carry away the thing he was supposed to kill.

Hud quickly jumped to his feet, grabbing Natilliea. She swiftly folded back into her pipe form and he swung her over his arm so she lay across his chest.

Hud needed to see her for himself.

He raced down the filmy sand, almost tripping through patches of shin deep dust as he cut his way to the group.

He kept his eyes on her.

It couldn't really be her though.

All Humans generally looked alike. Hell, basically all species look the same as the others of their kind.

But this Human was so much like her; too much like her.

The group of aliens saw him coming and Hud could see them begin to panic. Hud raised his arms in as a sign of peace while he ran to them.

"I'm unarmed!" He shouted. He was so used to telling that lie. "I'm unarmed." He fell to a stop next to them panting from the sprint through the dust.

The Quibeek gasped and turned towards the Human. "He's even bigger than Jirabi!" She whispered, grinning.

Hud pretended like he hadn't heard that.

"Who are you?" Asked the large purple Kelpar threateningly.