mothers and daughters

Aragon wasn't expecting to find Bolyen's girl cuddled against her own daughter when she went to wake them for breakfast, but even so she couldn't resist snapping a photo with her phone at the sight—which she sent to Anne—before edging into the room.

"Come on girls, it's eleven o'clock and Cathy nearly has breakfast ready." She called, earning a grumble from Elizabeth although Mary more verbally groaned and slowly sat up.

"Morning Mum." 

Mary commented,  before she glanced down at a still sleeping Elizabeth and groaned again and then leered up at her mother, who now couldn't keep the smirk off her face.

"You're going to tell Boleyn about this aren't you?" 

Aragon just chuckled and held up her cellphone

"Already did and she said that you two are adorable." 

That particular statement earned her a pillow to the face, although this just made her laugh.

"I take back what I told her yesterday. I hate her." Mary grumbled before managing to untangle herself from her sister and getting out of bed before sighing and adding "she had a Nightmare...and I don't know if its because of what we did to each other or what but she was a bit nervous about going to Anne...So Evidently older half sister was the next best thing...Even with our history." 

Aragon could hear the way Mary's voice dropped, although she didn't comment on it and instead pulled her into a hug.

"Hey, if Bessie and I and Boleyn and I can work out our past mistakes...so can you and if she can to you for comfort last night, I dare say she would really like to have a real, stable relationship with you this time around." 

________★_______

Elizabeth panicked when she felt a hand running through her hair, causing her to bolt upright in an attempt to get as far away from the touch as possible. That was until she saw none other than Anne sitting on the corner of the bed.

"Sorry babes. I didn't mean to wake you. I just…" Anne trailed off, as if unsure what to say however Elizabeth only responded by throwing herself into her mother's arms.

"You really are here." She managed to get out as she buried her face against her mother's shoulder "I was so afraid I was dreaming." 

"It's not a dream, ma trésor. You're really here and I love you so much. You know that, right?" Anne assured and Elizabeth felt her heart basically swell at those words, the words she had wished to have remembered hearing from her mother in her old life, even when she was told horrible things about the woman.

Things Margret had risked her own life to tell her wasn't true.

"I love you too Mum...I always have."

________★_______

Jane hated the idea of waking Katherine, especially since she knew the girl probably hadn't gotten much sleep if her still slightly damp cheeks and pillow were any indication. What could have upset the poor girl so much? Why hadn't she woken her? 

Reaching out to brush away a lock of hair from Katherine's face, only for the teen to lean into the touch with a slight whimper and incomprehensible mumble before slowly opening her eyes.

Katherine just looked so frightened, drawing in on herself in such a way that very much reminded Jane of a small child. 

"Easy, sweet girl. It's just me." 

Jane muttered but the look she got broke her heart, because the teen's eyes had widened and clouded over as though she had just been struck.

"Sorry." 

What is she apologizing for? Being frightened? For staying in here with me? Jane couldn't help but wonder, although the response was so similar to that she had gotten when they had moved in together months prior. 

"Nothing to be sorry for, love." 

Again the word of endearment looked like it hurt the girl, who before then would have practically melted at the affection. So after a few minutes Jane decided to press just a tiny bit harder, although she knew she had to choose her next words carefully as not to cause Katherine to shut down.

"What's wrong? You know you can tell me anything, right?" She pressed, only for the girl to avert her gaze.

"Not this. You'll hate me and it's so selfish of me and…." She trailed off before forcing herself off the bed before adding in a nearly emotionless, yet still equally broken voice

"Thanks for letting me stay the night."