Part 8: Promotions

Start from the beginning

Eri's eyes glistened. "Of course! Are kids allowed to go?"

"Yes. As long as you behave. Maybe we can get a candy apple afterwards since it's becoming fall." Izuku smiled as he held Eri's hand.

"Yes! Candy apples!" Eri jumped up and down as she thought about one of her most favorite treats during the fall.

—————

Eri could hardly sleep that night as she awaited to see her little brother or sister. She thought about how they would look and what clothes they'd wear. She thought about how she could be the best big sister ever.

"I love you, baby brother or sister. I'm going to be the best big sister ever. Just you wait."

With that final thought, Eri finally drifted off into a wonderful sleep full of sweet dreams of her playing with her soon-to-be sibling.

—————

The next morning started out rough. Ochako has been more sick than she had been so far. It was so much that Izuku worried even more than he usually did.

"Honey, do you think we need to cancel the appointment? You've never been this sick."

"N-no. It's okay. Just give me a few minutes." Ochako struggled to keep herself from gagging again.

"Momma?" Eri asked as she walked into her parent's bedroom.

"Hey, Eri. Don't come in here right now. Your mom's really sick, but she should be okay soon." Izuku said as he walked over to her and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Really sick? What from?" Eri asked.

"Your baby brother or sister is being extra naughty today and making your mom really sick. It's normal though and she'll be fine." He reassured her even though he was concerned.

"Okay.." Eri replied sadly. "You better be good to momma, brother or sister!" She called out before going back to her room.

Izuku walked back into their bathroom to check on his wife. She was brushing her teeth to get the horrible taste out of her mouth. She was hoping the mint flavored toothpaste would help calm her nausea.

He felt terrible for how ill she was. Her hair was a wreck, she had bags under her eyes, and the natural pink flush that she normally had was gone.

"Here. Let me help you." He said as he picked up a hairbrush and began to gently brush the knots out of her hair. Ochako smiled weakly in appreciation.

After Izuku had brushed her hair and she had finished brushing her teeth, she began to finish her usual morning routine of applying makeup and changing her clothes.

While Ochako was getting ready in the bedroom, Izuku hopped into the shower. He had so many thoughts racing through his mind as he washed his hair.

"I wonder if the baby will have green or brown hair."

As he contemplated more thoughts, one in particular stood out to him: "I wonder if they'll have a quirk."

He hung his head in shame. "Even if they did, it wouldn't be from me.. there's a chance that our child will be quirkless and have to walk the same hard path I did.."

He began to tear up as he remembered all the bullying he suffered previously before inheriting One For All.

"I don't want them to have to go through what I did."

Izuku stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around his waist. Upon entering the bedroom, Ochako noticed that he was upset about something.