She is Gone

Karai's POV

I woke up in a dark, gloomy cell, my head fuzzy and dizzy as I looked around. I saw chains around my wrists and ankle tightly. Then I remembered the explosion and my eyes grew big... Cassidy?! Leo?! Where was I?! Where are they?! I panicked as I sat against the wall trying to see my surroundings but I had duct tape across my mouth. I inched wormed my way to the brick walls and looked through the bar door. I saw two guards, both carrying a high powered shotgun. Haha, I am not ready to die yet so I inched wormed my way back to where I was and looked out the tiny window I had. It was at the ground level so I could tell I was most likely in a basement. I heard one of the guards sit up as my eyes darted to the door.

"About time you woke up princess," the guard said as he walked into the cell and knelt to me.

"Now you will do everything I say or your little 'family' will die right in front of you. I will start with Leo and Cassidy then I will kill them one by one," the guard said as he put his hand on my jaw.

I felt fear take over my body as I sat there motionless. Then I slowly nodded my head as a tear slipped down my cheek.

"You will tell me everything they are planning, every move they make," he said in a cold dark tone.

"Who is they?" I felt I ask as I was shaking with fear.

"They call themselves the 'chosen' ones they work in an organization is a corporation not far from here," he said as he stood up.

"Are you in?" he asked as he held his hand out to me.

I nodded and hesitantly took his hand. He broke the handcuffs off my wrists and ankles. Finally, I was free, but I was told I could not tell Leo about this at all... I had to agree I love Leo and if ANYTHING happened to him I would never forgive myself.

Narrator POV

Karai went back to the lair and found a map from the gang leading her to the girls' hideout, she went through the windy pathways in the sewers till she got toasted manhole, she climbed up and continued going to the girls' hideout. She arrived in a huge rundown barn-like house, the paint mostly scraped off, some of the windows shattered while the tiny shards were scattered across the dirt. Vines and trees covered most of the house, the door was open. There was no grass surrounding this barn and it was miles from the city, it was close to the beach and not far from April's farmhouse.

 There was no grass surrounding this barn and it was miles from the city, it was close to the beach and not far from April's farmhouse

I slowly walked up to the house and peaked in, even though the outside was horrible the inside was gorgeous. The living room was what I first walked into, the walls were all painted snow white. They had a small fluffy white ball hanging from the ceiling, they had a plush white couch with an assortment of light and Dark Grey pillows and blankets. They had a lovely glass table with candles and a plant sitting on them. Next to the couch was a small white plush seat. The rug had white trim and the rest was blue and had a few rectangle sections.

On the couch, Karai saw Leo, a blue shirt girl, April, Mikey, and a pink ribbon girl

"A-April?" Karai studdered as a tear slipped down her cheek.

"Karai wait we can explain!" Leo said as he stood up to stop her.

But he was too late Karai ran out the door and ran as fast as she could from them. Leo ran after her but he was too late and she got away.

Leo returned with no Karai, Mikey and April looked at each other worried. Every day the gang looked for Karai, for months but there was no sign of her. After three months of searching, the gang gave up, saying Karai was probably gone or never coming back. Leo never gave up and kept searching for her.

"Leo just stop she is not coming back..."  Ralph said as he put his hand on Leo's shoulder.

"No! She is still out there... I can not just leave her out there... she did not get the whole story..." Leo said as he stared out at the city.

"Leo... if she wants to be found she would have come already," Ralph said in a more serious stern tone.

"Just go away..." Leo mumbled as he kept staring at the staring at the city.

"Whatever," Ralph yelled as he walked away.

Mikey stared at Leo, worried about his older brother.

"Dwelling on this is not good for his mental health..." Donnie said as he did some calculating.

"We all know... but he is in denial, I kinda get it if something happened to you all I would be too..." April explained as she crossed her arms.

"Poor Leo..." Mikey whispered as he and the gang stared at him.

Months passed, Karai still had not returned. Everyone began to worry about Leo even the girls began to worry. Venus and Leo started to get close and after some time Leo accepted Karai was gone... Leo went out to the mini graveyard the girls had and placed a cross in the ground with Karai's name carved into the wood... a few days later Karai came back but she saw the graveyard, she saw her name... a tear slipped down her cheek and hit the ground... but she knew it was better this way and she left before anyone saw her. Ralph saw her though as anger raged through his body...