Chapter 5

"Jungkook, stay with me. We're almost there."

Jungkook has an arm around my shoulders and I'm holding onto his waist, holding on as tightly as I dare, slowly dragging him towards my apartment building. He's in and out of consciousness, but his survival instinct is keeping his body moving forward. My mind is going wild with worry, fear, and even nausea.

I'm scared.

He grunts loudly and I pause. I look over at him and his face is scrunched up in pain. I look closer and he glances at me through heavy lids.

"I'm ok, let's keep moving. We can't stop."

A knot forms in my throat. I don't ask what he means because I already know why we can't stop.

What if those men come back?

I power through, willing my strength to hold on a little bit longer

I power through, willing my strength to hold on a little bit longer. I check over my shoulder, worried. My anxiety lessens when I don't see anyone or hear any footsteps.

I can see my building coming up and I pick up my pace as much as Jungkook will let me. I know this can't be easy on him, but the quicker we get back to my apartment, the quicker he'll be safe.

I can feel him shivering against me, and it only reminds me of the bitter cold that's chilling me through my soaked clothes. We need to get warm, quickly.

Just a little more.

We make it to the elevator and I lean to press the button for the top floor. Jungkook is practically limp and it's taking everything I have to keep him upright. I know if he falls to the floor, I won't be able to get him back up.

The elevator dings and the doors open. I guide him down the hall, towards my door. I use one hand to hold his arm in place on my shoulder, release his waist with my other and reach for my key. After fumbling for a second, I'm able to open the door and kick the door open.

Kicking the door shut behind me, I lead Jungkook to the couch. I try to lay him down gently but his weight overpowers me and he falls to the couch. He crys our at the sudden impact jolting his battered body.

"I'm sorry Jungkook! Are you ok?"

He only nods in response. I kneel down next to him and start looking over his body. His face isn't as bad, only a busted nose, lip, and a red patch on his cheek. It's the rest of his body that's worrisome from where he was getting mercilessly beat with a metal bar. There's semi-dried blood up and down both arms from several cuts on his shoulders and arms, several patches of blood soaked through his shirt, his pants are ripped in several places revealing more wounds there, but the worst one of all is the one on his stomach. I lean to look closer and feel my lip quiver. There's a shard of glass imbedded in the wound.

It looks he was stabbed with something glass...

I try to force the memories down and look towards Jungkook.