✰ 12 - miss me when i'm gone

So far, how have you all enjoyed this story?

I know a lot of us are super keen on MaNan, but I loved Kaisi Yeh Yaariaan for every character that made the show possible. You will see relationships, friendships, breakups, patch-ups, new couples, out of the blue surprises and some theories of how I would've expected the loose ends of the story to be tied together.

If you are eager to experience another round of Kaisi Yeh Yaariaan all over again, with subtleties and character development rather than cliches, you've come to the right place. Hang in there! <3

Thank you for your endless support and patience.

With love, Manik's Krishi.

⭒⭒⭒

Manik

She walked into the room, her bold personality kicking in through bright red stilettos that matched her lip shade. Every stride was like a knock on my crumbling ego. I have, never in my life, taken rejection in the right spirit. If anyone knew that best, it was Nandini, for she put me in such tough situations a countless number of times. "Hey Soha, thanks for saving us." I made brief eye contact with her; she was intimidating.

"That's okay Manik, I know talent when I see it." What a snobby bitch, using my line on me! I continued to wrap up our practice instruments, when she sprawled her elbows on the stage beneath me, sighing, "Your dad has a luxury brand fashion house in the UK."

"So?"

"What are you doing here, Manik?" She peered, with much curiosity that couldn't be hidden.

I hit my guitar on the floor a couple of times, causing the book to rattle in while shifting the weight of my body between my legs. "I know you helped us, but I don't have to explain myself to anyone." She glanced at the bag and then me.

Out of nowhere, her stern voice cut through the tension I created. "Do you remember me?" Even in my vaguest memory, I couldn't picture her face. I was sure I had no history with any girl named Soha, never. "Soha Khurana, Aryamann Khurana's sister?"

"Aryamann, the boy with the man-bun." Somewhere in the back of my head, a bulb turned on. It didn't feel right. My body quickly sunk into flight mode, preparing to defend itself from danger. "I actually don't, sorry."

"I'm not surprised; I wasn't anything out of the ordinary. You wouldn't remember me."

That was who Nandini thought she was as well: ordinary. I don't seek light in ordinary people. Normal is boring, too basic; in high school everyone wanted to be popular, everyone wanted a boyfriend/girlfriend or a solid friend circle that would stick through thick and thin. In the process of impressing and getting into somebody's good books, everyone lost their true selves. Not much can come out of kiss-ass-ing.

Nobody was brave enough to be alone and by themselves. Nobody except Nandini Murthy.

"Is everything connected?"

"I beg your pardon?"

"This is all a trap, right? This album deal..."

She cackled as if I was the dumbest person she knew on the planet. I waited patiently, unlike my usual self for the answer I was eager to know of. "Manik, get over yourself... for once! Not everything in this world is about you." For the first time in my life, I believed that sentence. Colliding with Nandini's past was no coincidence. "I'm just sorry I couldn't do anything to save her."