Chapter 19

"So when are you gonna tell your boyfriend you belong to me?" Hunter said looking at me, I gulped and bit my lip, he was so hot when he was serious. Game face Chloe, you can't let him have an affect on you. With that thought I brushed past him and started dressing myself.

As soon as I slid on my shirt within a second Hunter took it right off and threw it out the window. My mouth dropped open in an o shape. "I guess my man wouldn't mind me walking around naked." I said cheekily.

Honestly thinking about Brandon appreciating my body made me sick, but on the other hand seeing Hunter jealous just made my vagina tingle. I was being selfish and I knew it.

Hunter's eyes glowed yellow, I could hear his wolf growl in anger. "You really know how to get under my skin kitten." "Although, kitten I'd prefer you under me." He said as he started hungrily at my now bare chest.

I rolled my eyes picked up my bra and grabbed his shirt instead, it fitted like a dress. As much as I enjoyed his company I could not leave Brandon waiting. With the thought in mind my phone started beeping. "No reply, you really know how to make a man wait."

I was disgusted and by looking at Hunter's face he knew it. "Hunter." I said while looking at him in a thoughtful manner "I am sorry for all the pain I caused you, you deserve a better mate so please lets just end this ." I said. Deep down inside I was a mess I had childhood trauma, trust issues, and a deep hate for myself. I could never let Hunter in.

Throughout my life all men let me down, whether it was my fake father or ex boyfriend I was unable to trust men. I was not ready for my heart to be let down again, I could not afford it.

Giving Hunter the chance to be in my life and to use him for my physical needs was selfish and unfair. I was letting him go, so I had to reject him.Was I stubborn yes, but take a step in my shoes and understand my pain. I was done being hurt, and mate or not I had no trust in Hunter. Another man, no way!

"Chloe I appreciate you apologizing but I can't let you go I want to be there for you, I wanna kiss all your scars and let them heal, I want to be the person you can rely on when you have no one, I want to watch you grow and  be apart of every reason you smile, please Chloe let me be there for you." I smiled he sure knew how to say all the right things. Maybe I could trust him, maybe I could let him help me find my mom, maybe just maybe. All I wanted to do right now was bury myself in his arms.

To let him hold me as I cried and let him know about my deep scars but I couldn't. I had to do this on my own. So without a word I fixed myself up and walked out the door. As soon as I was out the door I felt an arm reach out and pull me into a brick wall, a warm brick wall. "You really thought you could leave me?" Hunter said his eyes glossy. I sighed but as soon as I began to speak Hunter shushed me and just held me. He was giving me exactly what I wanted and was soothing me.

At that moment I wanted to cry, it felt so nice to be cared for. "Hunter." I said, He looked down at me and said "What princess?" I think I love you." I said and for the first time I did. I was pretty sure that the warm feelings Hunter gave me was the purest form of love, that no matter how much I pushed him away he always clung and fought for me.

It was not just the mate bond that connected us. From  the moment I met him,  and opened up to him I knew. Seeing how  he just took me all in and tried understanding me while disregarding my flaws showed me that this indeed was my soulmate. Even though I still did not trust him I knew he was someone I loved deeply.

I looked Hunter in his face and he was shocked. His mouth dropped and his eyes turned watery like he was about to cry. I just hugged him and breathed in his scent. "I love you too Chloe more than you'll ever know." I reached out my hand and touched the outline of his lips, he shivered under my touch and like magic our faces were moving closer.