Chapter 1

(Un-edited)

********

It had now been a week since I had been discharged from the hospital. I had apparently been in what should have been a fatal car accident on my part. Well, I was dead. Just didn't stay dead.

I had broken my leg, fractured my arm, and cut my forehead. I had also learned that the girl who was beside my bed pretty much the whole time I was in hospital, was a girl called Ana.

We apparently went to the same school, (which I was oblivious to), and she was the one who had been in the car at the time with me when the car crashed. She only sustained a small few bruises though, as I had pulled her to me to shield her. I'm not overly sure as to why I did that, must have been instinct I guess. Some stupid instinct that just ruined a lot of things for me.

Most of the week I had been visited by friends, and family, most of whom were shocked I was alive, all considering my heart monitor had stopped and I was supposedly dead.

Note the supposedly.
I'm very much still alive.

Oh, there were a couple of things I probably forgot to mention to you. My full name is Kai Daniels, I'm nineteen, almost twenty, and I'm a werewolf. I'm part of Night Moon Pack. This is located about 10 miles from any human area. Not the most typical thing you expect to hear, but then again, most people would just think of Twilight when they hear the word 'Werewolf'.

That movie was a terrible portrayal of us werewolves. Granted, we do have extremely good bodies, not that we flaunt them or anything, and we are extremely fit. But we are most certainly not the size of a large horse, and we live in way more organised 'packs' you could say.

The only thing about being a werewolf, and living amongst humans, (because your mother is a human, thanks dad), is that you can't tell anyone that you are a werewolf. Yes, I live away from them but I have to attend the local school. Apparently education was a must according to my mother when she was alive.

So when anger boils over, and you are about to shift, you have to leave the place you are currently in to attempt to cool off. Not that cooling off always works, sometimes we just have to shift. In which case you just run and leave as quickly as you can. Which can be very difficult at times. Punching people is easier but not very well looked upon by my mother. Even if she was no longer alive, I could feel her mentally glaring at me and clipping me across the back of the head.

It's a bit easier in school you could say. There are a goof few other werewolves in attendance, so we all just tend to hang out together. Partly because we all live in the same pack, but we all are mostly friends too.

Humans are sometimes just a bit too, well I could list off alot of things, but I'd be wasting my time. A few key things I'll mention though: they're rude, loud, obnoxious, and they seem to always have this strange thing about them that I can't quite put a finger on. They're under the impression that they're strong, formidable creatures. Nope.

For those who are educated in the way of being a werewolf, so in other words you are a werewolf, they would know that I am already healed. We werewolves have an accelerated healing rate. Comes in the bloodline. A bonus of being my fantastic self.

We could heal in a matter of days whilst it could take a human a couple of months. Pretty handy in my opinion.

So the only reason I am in bed still, is because as before mentioned, I live around a load of humans. They would become suspicious of me if I was in casts and looking dead one day, and more alive looking and up and walking a few days later. That would definitely rouse some suspicions.

No one knows I'm a werewolf apart from my family obviously, and my little 'group' in school. The girl Ana, just thinks I'm a little strange for acting how I currently am.

I have to admit, I do quite like her company. Out of all the humans I have ever been around she is most certainly different to all the rest. She has an odd scent, and acts plain weird.

Yet another thing I can't quiet put my finger on. Seriously it is resembling something out of a crappy teenage romance novel to me.

We would talk for a good few hours a day, and we have agreed to hang out with each other soon, much against my will. She was a human so I didn't really want to hang out with her. I just felt I had to. More so because I felt bad knowing I'd nearly killed her.

Was that really a good idea? Human and werewolf. I really should have thought this through.... Then again my parents can't give out to me. My mother was human. And it's not as if that Ana girl will be my mate either way.

I have a mate out there waiting for me. I won't commit to a relationship until I find her. I may have flings alright, many flingys, but nothing serious.

I stopped daydreaming and glanced over at the clock that sat aimlessly on my bed side locker. I groaned. It had only just gone noon.

Trying to act human is a lot harder than you would think. Thankfully only my family was home at the moment, and I don't believe I was being visited today by any of the people at school who think they are friends with me, so this finally gave me an opportunity to get up out of bed and do things.

I slipped off my casts, (I was able to do this so I could 'be broken' still when needed), and stretched out. It felt good to be able to do that and not be held up in those plaster casts.

I walked on over to the bathroom adjacent to my room and undressed. I stepped into the shower and finally washed off all the filth that had been acquired over that disgusting week being kept up in bed. It was horrible for me, considering I am someone who loves their daily showers and being well groomed.

It takes effort to keep up my amazing handsome looks.

I stepped out, and wrapped a towel around me, so as it hung low on my waist.

Shoving all my dirty clothes into the hamper, I was about to open the door when it was flung open nearly whacking me in the face. My younger sister Kat burst in. I yelled, she yelled, there was a lot of yelling.

I groaned, "Did you not hear the shower running?" I asked her. It was then I took in what she was wearing.

Purely her underwear.

She had obviously been planning on using the shower too.

I groaned again and put one hand over my eyes, and used the other hand to thrust a towel in her direction.

"Seriously, cover up. I'm going to have to burn my eyes out of skull now," I said giving an exaggerated shudder as I left the bathroom.

She just cussed at me in annoyance as I laughed at her. Ah how easy it is to irritate my younger sister.

She looks so much like how my mother did. I smiled to myself.

I returned to my room, and grabbed some clothes. Nothing interesting, white t-shirt, dark denim jeans. Pretty much my usual.

I turned my head when I heard a noise coming from my phone, and saw that that Ana girl  just texted saying she was coming over. How did she even get my number? I groaned, now I had to put those horrible casts back on. Brilliant.

Especially since I had just gotten dressed and everything... Fantastic. Bloody fantastic.

************************

Please vote, comment and tell me what you think :)