"Huh?"

Greed rolled his eyes. "I may be selfish, but I have manners," he lied. He was just in a rush to get back inside. "Come on. I'll make coffee."

.
.
.

"I don't have a coffee machine."

Greed only remembered that when the two of them arrived at his apartment. Wrath shrugged.

"That's alright. I had some coffee this morning, anyways."

"So." Greed sat down and eyed Wrath. "Haven't left for Hell yet, huh? Is Envy stalling?"

Wrath shook his head, sitting down across from Greed. "You know that the Gates to Hell only open at a full moon. Getting to a gate early and having to fight an army of monsters while waiting for it to open isn't ideal."

Greed inclined his head, considering. "I suppose it isn't."

There was a small silence. Greed swallowed. Now that they were back in his apartment, Greed felt safer. Now he wanted Wrath to leave---he had no use for him anymore.

There was a knock at the door, interrupting Greed's train of thought. Greed stood up and opened it, not expecting to see 4 other sins standing in his doorway.

Greed clenched his jaw. "Come to ruin my morning?"

Sloth shook his head, giving a small wave to Greed. "Kid, we came to get Wrath."

"Great," Greed said. He turned to Wrath. "I didn't want you here any longer, anyways."

"It's good to see you, Greed," said Gluttony. Greed gave him an acknowledging nod. Gluttony had never wronged him.

"It's good to see you too," he said out of courtesy before he turned to eye Envy with mild disgust. "Some less than others. Anyways, get out, I don't have time for---"

A loud screech came from down the hallway. Greed, curious, exited his apartment and headed down the hallway to see the old lady who had given him cookies had fallen. She was kneeling and making strange sounds.

"Old lady?" Greed asked, tilting his head curiously. "Are you alright---?"

She turned around and Greed yelped, jumping back and running to the other end of the hall, back toward the sins. "Shit! She's a demon!"

Her body was melting away to reveal a large, black bird like creature with red eyes and claws at the end of its wings. Greed had only seen demons a few times before, and had slayed them each time. It had been a while and Greed didn't know if his skills were still sharp enough to take this thing down, but he had to hope---he was the demon killer of the sins, after all.

"You still know how to use this?" Envy asked, throwing Greed an angelic blade. It burned in Greed's hands when he caught it, but Greed paid no mind to that.

"For the sake of all of us, let's hope I do," Greed muttered lowly, turning around and tossing the sword from hand to hand. The demon was at the other end of the hall, getting ready to attack.

"Hey! Ugly!" Greed yelled. "Come and get some!"

The demon screeched and flew toward him. Greed charged, gripping the blade tightly and bringing it own on one of the demon's wings. Greed cut the wing off and felt blood splatter on his face. The demon let out a loud shrill scream and began charging toward the other sins.

Greed knew he wouldn't get there in enough time if he ran. Instead, he threw the sword towards the demon. It landed in the back of the demon's head, and it fell. The body evaporated into nothing, leaving behind the sword and a small device.