Chapter 18

-Peeta's POV-

So Katniss is back to her normal self, she's now back to living with us.

It's lunch break on a Tuesday. I'm sat with the group while we eat out food. I'm glad not everyone in my group is in a relationship, all of us are single except Finnick and Annie which I'm quite grateful for so I'm not the only one who's single.

I get taken out of my thoughts from Finnick.

"So Peeta scenes as you live with her, have you heard she single now?" he asks.

I shake my head. "We don't hand around that much at home, she stays in her room or hangs with Prim or my brothers" I lie.

"I feel sorry for her, she's now gonna have boys crowding around her trying to date her" Glimmer says.

"She was the one that told the entire school" Marvel says.

"Peeta?" I hear from behind me. I turn round to see Katniss.

"Oh hey Katniss, whats wrong?"

"Can I talk to you for a minute?"

I look back to the group. They all wiggle their eyebrows to me. I look back to Katniss. "Uhh sure" I say and stand up and follow her out the canteen.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"I guess you've found out that me and Gale aren't "dating" anymore.."

"Oh yeah, even though you weren't but okay"

"Will you act as my boyfriend so I don't basically get harrassed by all the boys?" she asks.

"Why not" I shrug. "It's not as if it'll be hard for either of us, I mean you basically "cheated" on Gale with me" I wink.

She giggles. "I guess your right, that must of been the reason I asked you" she winks. "Anyway, are you ready to be also known as my boyfriend and hated by nearly every boy now?" she teases.

"As ready as I'll ever be, plus I can kiss you whenever I want now" I tease.

"Well that's always good isn't it?" She says and she stands taller and kisses me lightly.

She smiles at me then takes my hand as we walk back to the canteen.

I see every boy look at me like I'm crazy when I walk in with my hand in Katniss'. We separate when it comes to my table and she goes and sits at hers.

"You got her then did you?" Cato teases.

"Yeah" I shrug as I pop a chip in my mouth.

"Took your time didn't you? It's been twelve years!" Finnick teases.

"Okay, that's stepping over the line" I say pointing at him with a couple of chips.

He chuckles. "I'm saying the truth"

The bell goes before I can say anything. I just shake my head at him before getting up.

-Finnick's POV-

We're walking down the corridors to class. then we lose Peeta.

"Where'd Peeta go?" I ask.

They point over to where he is with Katniss.

"Aww that's cute! Why can't you do that to me?" Annie whines.

"Because I'm not Peeta" I reply.

"That's true, your the opposite of a cute personality" she teases.

"Can we just go the class already? Peeta has maths with Katniss anyway while we have English!" Cato says

"Oh yeah, he does higher math" Jo says.