Chapter 15

~the next morning~

-Finnick's POV-

We all meet up at Starbucks and get breakfast the head over to Peeta's around 8:30am.

We walk into the house and into the living room. Peeta fell asleep where we left him last night with Katniss in his arms.

We walk closer and see that Katniss is actually awake.

"Morning" I whisper. "We brought you and Peeta breakfast from Starbucks"

"Thanks" she croaks. Making Peeta stir and wake up.

"Morning" he coos.

"Morning" she croaks back.

"What's wrong with your voice?" He asks worriedly.

"I just got hit in my voice box, it'll be fine later" she croaks.

"Are you okay now? You know after yesterday" he mumbles.

She wraps her arms around his stomach and nods her head. "Sorry for making you panic"

"It's okay now, your safe" he hugs her tightly back.

"Oww!" she says at the contact on her arm. She quickly slaps her hand over her mouth.

"What's wrong?" I ask as Peeta tries to take the blanket off her but she clenches on to it tightly.

"Katniss please" he says.

"Uh uh" she says shaking her head. "I've gotta go out anyway" she says as she gets out of his embrace. and walks out of the room.

"You've gotta check her cuts and bruises" Cato says to him.

"Well done smart-arse" Peeta says sarcastically.

The front door knocks. I get up to go answer it but Katniss comes jumping down the stairs to the door. She opens her door to see her uncle smirking at her. She steps back.

I hide in the living room doorway.

"Told you I would" he chuckles.

"Fuck off" she growls.

"You didn't show up yesterday. Would you like me to get your sis-"

"No" she interrupts him.

"Well come over, your mothers not home"

She sighs. "Okay" she says as she grabs her jacket and phone and walks out, shutting the door behind her.

I go straight back in the living room and look through the blinds in the window and sees them walking down the street.

Peeta gets up and walks over. He sees them get into his car. Gale goes running over and runs off with her following while they hold hands.

We decide to hang out here for the day. Mainly just in case Peeta does something stupid. Luckily it's the weekend.

~5 hours later~

The door opens and closes and there's laughing.

They come through the living room. It's Katniss and Gale. They're soaking?

They come out drying their hair. "Hey" they both say.

"Hey, where've you been?" Glimmer asks.

"Uhh no where" they say suspiciously.

"Katniss, where've you been?" Peeta asks.

"No where of your business!" she snaps.

"Gale, what's wrong with her?" I ask as she walks out side.

"Woah fuck" Gale says and runs out and carries her back in.

"Don't do that Katniss" he says.

"So where did you go?"

"The lake in the wo-oww! Katniss stop biting my neck!"

She giggles. "I'm going to get dressed. I'll see you tomorrow" she says and kisses him.

He leaves and she goes upstairs to change. She comes back down and snuggles up next to Peeta on the sofa.

"We'll catch you later" I say.

"Okay, thanks for staying" Peeta replies.

We leave their house and go to Cato's.

-Peeta's POV-

Were snuggled on the sofa together. As soon as the group leaves she crashes her lips onto mine. Her sweet and soft lips are filled with aggression and desperation. She breaks it after a while.

"I've been wanting to kiss you for ages now" she giggles shyly.

"You don't even know how desperate I was to kiss you either"

She gets up and pulls me up. We go up to her room. I close her door as she sits in her bed after getting the spare quilt and putting the fluffy blanket on the bed.

I walk over and take her in my arms as we sit on her bed. She sits in my lap and I rock her back and forth as she lays in my chest. She leans up and kisses me, her arms snaking around my neck.

I kiss her back with the same amount of passion. I get a bit carried away and lay her down and get on top of her as I kiss her neck and my hands go up her top. She wimpers at me to stop which is when I get brought back to my senses.

"Oh my god, Katniss I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to!" I say getting off her and bringing her into my arms.

I really need to control myself around her. I just get carried away to fastly! One day I'm just gonna do the same but ignore her wimpers. I can't help it, she just makes me so different when I'm around her!

I get snapped out of my thoughts. "Peeta!" Katniss says waving her hand infront of my face.

"Hmm?" I ask.

"Can you get off me" she wimpers.

I notice I'm back on top of her. I quickly get off.

I really need to get a hold of myself.

"I'm so sorry I say to her" I say to her. "I don't know what's going on with me today" I say as my hand scratches the back of my neck.

"Peeta it's okay. I just get really worried when that happens because I keep getting this vison whoever does it is going to rape me" she says.

"Katniss I would never do that to you, never in a millions years would I unless you were ready" I say.

"I know you wouldn't Peeta, but it's just what I'm used to. Whenever someone get on top of me and kisses me then I just assume I'm gonna get rapes" she mumbles.

"Come here" I say opening my arms. She doesn't have to think about it before she lies on my chest, hugging my stomach tightly. I play with her hair, running my fingers through it gently. I bring the quilt over us as she starts to drift off to sleep.

"Night Katniss, love you" I say and kiss her head.

"Love you too" she mumbles before falling into a deep sleep.

I fall asleep not long after with Katniss still in my arms.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

another chapter:)

hope you liked 😊

-Chloe😘🍀🌼✨