Chapter XIII

"You're going to die the most painful way... The most painful..."
Her voice was still echoing in his head as Sangwoo abruptly woke up and jolted out of bed. Beads of cold sweat were running down his temples and his heart rate had increased. He hid his face in his trembling hands and tried to slow down the accelerated breathing.
"Sangwoo...?" he looked up and saw (Name) slowly sitting up. Her voice was slightly raspy, but there's also a hint of concern.
"Is everything alright?" she asked again and he could see her (color) eyes shining in the moonlight. He thought she looked really beautiful with her (color) hair falling on her shoulders and her swollen lips slightly parted. She reached out to him and he, albeit a bit surprised, made his way to her and layed back next to her. She gave him a questioning look.
"I... It's a nightmare" he quietly admited.
"Oh..." she didn't know what to say so she patted his shoulder which came out a bit awkward. "Don't worry, it's not true and it's over now" she finally managed to say and smiled sympathetically.
"You don't get it" Sangwoo smiled sadly "This nightmare is actually a memory that's always coming back. No matter how hard I try to forget it".
"Do you want to tell me about it? Maybe I'd be able to hel-" she didn't finish interrupted by the man.
"It's about my mother, her last words"
"Oh, I'm sorry" (Name) felt bad for him, she could imagine how much losing a mother must hurt.
"You know what she said to me? She said I'm going to die the most painful way. " he quoted.
"(Name) can you believe it? How can a mother say that to her child?" (Name) noticed tears running down his face as he was talking "I loved her, (Name). She made me kill my own father, yet still I loved her."
"Sangwoo" (Name) spoke softly, although what he'd just said shocked her, "You can't change the past" she gently stroked his hair.
"You remind me of her, (Name). You're so similar... It makes me both love you and hate you. I'm afraid you'll turn out just like her. I'm afraid you'll-" (Name) softly shushed.
"I won't. I'd never hurt you and I've never wanted to." the girl said and it wasn't a complete lie as (Name) was in fact a very empathetic and merciful person and always tried to forgive rather than take revenge.
"I've did terrible things to you. I broke you"
"Sangwoo... "
"You're broken, just like me. We can't be helped, we can't be fix. We're too broken to have this baby, they'll  turn out just like us" he sounded so sad and hopeless (Name) didn't really know what she should tell him to comfort him.
"Look" she started slowly, her voice a bit shaking, "Since I learned we'd be having a baby I've been thinking about this and over the time I've realized I love this child. I really do, Sangwoo, and I want the best for them. I'll do anything to make them happy." she gently wiped his tears, "Sangwoo, we're their parents and we need to try our best to welcome them into the world in the best way possible. You want it too, don't you?"
(Name)'s confession surprised Sangwoo in a best way possible.
"Yeah" he finally managed to say, accompanied by a small nod " I'll try to do better than my father. I promise" he added, his voice was shaking a bit, but there's also a genuine smile on his face.
"I'm sure of it." she gently stroked his cheek, "If you try hard enough I'm sure you'll succeed. You're not a bad person, Sangwoo. You wouldn't hurt a baby nor a child." He leaned into her touch. " I promise I'll do my best too." her smile was sweet, but oh so fake.
But it worked and Sangwoo believed her. Or maybe he was just too tired of being wary of everyone and at least this once he wanted to feel loved and cared for. It wasn't too much to ask for. After all, he was only human.
He leaned in and kissed her. The first kiss was tender and chaste, but the following ones were more passionate and hungry. (Name) slowly respond by circling her arms around his neck to bring him closer. For the first time Sangwoo was gentle with her and asked for her consent, which she gave. They made love that night and fell asleep embracing each other.
When they both woke up it was already noon.
"Good morning, Sangwoo " (Name) kissed his cheek.
"Good morning, baby" Sangwoo kissed her back and smiled. It was his day-off and he was happy they could stay in bed and cuddle for as long as they wanted.
"Sangwoo, there's something we need to talk about" (Name) said sheepishly.
"What is it, baby?" Sangwoo was soothingly rubbing her bare back.
" I was wondering if we could maybe make an appointment with obstetrician and for an ultrasound? Maybe they'd tell us whether it's a boy or a girl?" (Name) tried to sound hopeful but deep down she was anxiously waiting for his response. It'd be her chance to escape.
Sangwoo was silent for a long time. Finally he sighed and said "I guess we could. They'd tell us if everything is alright with the baby". (Name) barely managed hide her wide smile.
"But" her breath nearly stopped as Sangwoo continued "You can't go out like this. We need to change your appearance a bit, cut your hair, maybe even dye them?" he wondered while stroking her hair.
" But, first and foremost, you need to promise me you won't try escape. I don't want to punish you. " his eyes suddenly became darker. (Name) felt a shiver run down her spine.
" I promise. " she uttered.

A/N
I know it's mostly fluff, but for the first time in months I've been feeling well and not in the mood for writing angst. Still I hope you've enjoyed the chapter 😅
P. S. The angst is on the way.