Chap 13.1: Bridget

DEDICATED THIS CHAPPIE TO GWENYOURELIAZE FOR HER COMMENT "BEST". HAHAHA WE THINK IT'S THE "BEST". PUN INTENDED. HIHIHI YER THE BEST! AND SHOUTOUT TO HER MOM! XD

It’s only 6am and I’m wide awake. Much to my surprise, I’m lying comfortably on the bed next to a snoring Harry. Good thing he didn’t kick me out or I would’ve killed him while he’s asleep.

I look outside the window and clearly, it made the ocean glisten and sparkle making it look like heaven in my eyes. This place never ceases to amaze me especially during sunrise and sunset. I wonder if Harry would come with me to explore the forest… yes it’s like the usual forest filled with exotic plants and animals. It’s not actually a forest, more of an island with thousands, maybe even millions, of mangroves. Many tourists travel for a few miles from the city just to go to Suyac Island. The sad thing is, it has been affected by a terrible storm and the people living there are doing their best to rebuild the place. From the view up here, I could tell that they did a good job.

“Mmmmhhh” I hear Harry mumble behind me. He’s clutching tightly to his small, dirty white teddy bear which I think I haven’t told you about. He carries around with him this cute and cuddly teddy which I heard was a gift from his mother on his 8th birthday. For an arrogant prince, he also has a soft and childish side which only I can see.  *blush*

“Hey snorelax, wake uppp! We need to go to Suyac!” I told him and he just mumbled an alien language in reply.

“Sleep later, go now.” This time, I not-so-gently pulled the covers from him and once again, he’s shirtless. Ugh. Why am I so not immune to this God-given gift?

“I’m tired Aynie. Let’s sleep for today.” he replied and suddenly grabbed my arms so I am lying face-to-face with him. I can’t help but blush to how close we are. Like literally nose to nose. This could’ve been romantic, keyword could’ve, when I didn’t see him smirk.

“Get up you lazy bum or I’ll let them cook cockroaches for breakfast.” This woke him up, big time.

“Gross Aynie! It’s so early in the morning!”

“You just offended those people who eats those.”

“WHAT?!”

“Nevermind. Get up now.” He struggled to get up and that was my cue to run to the bathroom. Then I called dibs on the shower. It’s so hot here that I could wear spaghetti straps and short shorts, unlike in London.

“LET ME SHOWER FIRST I’M DYING OF HEAT!” he called to me but I ignored him and turned on the shower to block out his whiney voice.

“Are you sure this is… safe?” Harry asked for the nth time since we left the hotel. I’ve been controlling myself not to leave him there. But since I want him to explore my country, I have to bring him here.

“Yes Harry, I’ve been telling you that for the nth time already.” I told him as a rolled my eyes.

We’re currently walking on a bridge to the Island. I look down on my feet and surely, the bridge is safe and sturdy. I don’t think Harry believes me though, because he’s clinging on the rope for his dear life. I sighed and offered him my right hand. He glared at me, probably for treating him like a baby but he took it and grasped it tightly.

“How much furtheeeer?” he asked, more of like whined. I rolled my eyes at him for the nth time.

“Harry, we’ve only walked for like, 1km. it’s not that far of a walk.”

“I’m dying of heat.”