Chap 43: <3 to <3

(I'm going to write this one mostly in past tense so don't get confused)

Night time...

Both Harry and I grew silent as we read till the last part of Grandmere's letter.

I put my hands on my wet cheeks as I try to stop the stream of tears flowing from my eyes.

Knowing that I was to be wed to a prince was shocking. But knowing that Grandmere have heart problems is not just shocking, but heartbreaking as well. I know that Grandmere is not young anymore, but the fact that she hid it from for a long time angers me.

"Why did she hide it from us Harry?! WHY?" I asked him in a loud voice, not caring about anything or anyone.

Harry put his hand on my shoulder and the feel of his fingers caressing my skin makes me freak out even more. "Aynie, I know we're going to get through this. Grandmere's going to be fine".

"How can you be so calm Harry?! You're her grandson for pineapple's sake!" I angrily stood up and glared at him. He didn't flinch. He grabbed my hand and pulled me down to sit beside him again.

"Aynie. This happened to my grandpa too. Yes I am hurt, but I've learned to be stronger than this. I have already accepted the fact that Grandmere is getting old too." He told me as he looked at me sincerely. I admire him. But I know that deep inside, his hurting badly. He grew up with Grandmere by his side since he was born. I know he isn't ready for anything either.

"You know what, let's go. Grandmere wouldn't want us to sulk the whole time. She'll get sad and both of us know that it's bad for her. Come on." He stood up and offered his right hand. I looked at him with hesitation, but he just smiled at me. It was a smile of assurance. I gave in and held on to his hand.

"Where are we going Harry?" I asked him as I closed the door of his Jaguar's passenger seat. "Does mother and father know we're going out?"

"I already informed Jake Aynie, don't worry. Just wait and see. We're just a few kilometers away from our destination." He started the engine and we zoomed out of the palace.

After 10 minutes, we were slowing down alongside a street-level platform. I looked around and noticed that we were standing on a beach house that looked like a mini castle. A middle-aged man greeted us with a pet beagle standing beside him. After I shook his hand, I knelt down on the Beagle and gave him a pat on the head. He licked my face as a welcome.

"His name is Kevin. Found him on a sewer a few weeks ago. He never left my side since then." The man said as I played with Kevin's ears.

"Donny, this is my girlfriend, Aynie. Aynie, he's the house keeper." Harry introduced. Girlfriend huh? Hmmm...

Harry then led me through the silver and wooden doors, which I assumed was the front door of the mansion.