20. 8. 31 (1/3)

{ Zak's POV }

I let myself fall face first onto the hospital bed, but immediatly regretted it.
The matress was hard, bedsheets thin & pillow worn out.

"God," I sighed, letting the day's events run through my head.

After Darryl, Clay & I had gone to see Techno the doctors had told us he was almost back in his original state, that what they said before was a miscalculation. Him & Vince were improving, but slowly. So slowly.

I rolled onto my back, staring at the ceiling, letting the darker side of my thoughts creep in.

☁ 〜 * • . • * ~ 〜

All around me were colours of the sunrise I'd seen with Darryl the other day.
The sky was beautiful at this moment, more than usual. Right now, everything was content. Silent, but not the uncomfortable type. The silence people crave for in times like these, hard times.

But of course, all good things must be short in this world. Especially for me, I've never been the lucky type, I never will. It's just how things work.

"God, look at him.. sitting there, so vulnerable, oblivious. So young & stupid, immature."
The voice's words echoed through my head, the constant reminder of it all.
I've always had this voice, but recently it's gotten worse, so much worse.

"The cuts on your arms are a sign of weakness. A sign for you to remember."

"Zak!"
I was thrown of guard by the sudden yell of a familiar voice, one I've ached for.

Getting out of the ball I was in & turning around, I felt my energy suddenly rise. "Vince!"

He ran up to me, grabbing me into a hug.
I hugged him back as tight as I could, feeling the sting of salty tears in my eyes.
"Please come home, please. Wake up, please. We miss you, I can't do this."

"You haven't seen him in almost 10 days & this is the first thing you say to him? Dispecible." the voice again yelled at me.

"I want to. I want to so badly, I'm trying. I will, I won't leave you. I promise."

Trying my best to block it out, I looked up into his eyes.
He seemed so different. The most noticeable thing him being in his outfit from Minecraft. The dark sweater & iconic bandana around his head.
How I missed the simpler times, when we were all sat around the computer playing the game, doing stupid things like trolling each other.
Never thought I'd think it, but I miss him screaming at me & Darryl, his laugh when he streamed the stupidest things.

Now his eyes were filled with tears as well, he tried his best to hold them back.
"Don't give up, please." He pleaded.

I nodded, sighing.

He looked down to me, & smiled.
Suddenly his fingertips started to fade, leaving my hands cold as before.

"NO!' I screamed, jumping to grab hold of him.
But it was too late.

"Vincent!" I called out, standing there shocked.
The world around me seem to lose the colour it once had, sun setting.

I collapsed to my knees, screaming.
"Don't leave me. Please. You promised you wouldn't."

"You deserve it, Zak."

☁ 〜 * • . • * ~ 〜

{ Darryl's POV}

I was awoken to the sound of muffled sobs coming from the room beside me. It took a second for me to realize I was sitting in the hardwood chair sat by Vincent's bed.
Sighing, I stood up, wincing as I felt pain shoot through my back & neck.

It doesn't matter anyways, I need to help Zak, if that is him.

Carefully sneaking over to him room & slipping in, I cleared my throat, causing him to sit up.
He looked at me with messy hair & teary eyes, an expression of anger once again.

"Zak, what's wr-"

"Vincent, he's okay. He is going to be okay."