20. 9. 11 (1/2)

"So, this is the place. Right?"

"Yeah," I exclaimed, opening the door to the car. "Thanks again, Finn. Be sure to call me whenever you need something."

"Alright, Zak." he nodded. "It seems like there's a little scene going on there."

I glanced to what he was talking about, shutting the door behind me. "Oh, shit.."

Police were all around the front, Darryl & Clay standing out with an officer who had a notepad.
What?

"Darryl?" I called out to him, he quickly turned his attention to me.

"ZAK!" he ran over, grabbing me into a tight hug.

"What's this all for?"

He didn't reply, just kept hugging me, shaking me slightly. He placed one of his hands through my hair, letting out muffled cries.

"Zak Carder?" Darryl pulled away, letting me talk to the officer that stood in front of me. "Where were you these past days?"

The realization kicked in; they're here for me.

"Oh my god- Darryl, you called the police?"

"You were gone for 2 days without any trace, what did you expect me to do?"

"Mr. Carder." the officer spoke up once again. "We'd like if you would answer a few questions, than you can talk to Darryl."

I shrugged to the taller brunette, the officer shooing him away so it was just the two of us.

"So. Why'd you run away?"

"Uh-"
I thought about this. Why had I really ran? No good reason, that's for sure.
"I just needed space. I didn't think about where I was going. My mind was sort of on auto pilot."

He nodded, jotting something down onto his clipboard. "Where did you go?"

"Into the city."

"What happened while you were out there?"

"Um," I debated on telling him the truth or not. I hadn't though of taking note on those guys' faces, or anything about them. "I just stayed by a pizza place, near a dumpster. I knew one of the workers there, when they found me they let me stay the night at their place & drove me home just now."

He nodded again, taking down some more notes.
"Thanks, Zak. You may go now."

Without a word I dashed back to Darryl & Clay, apologizing profusely.
"I didn't know what I was doing, seriously. I overreacted so badly, I'm so sorry."

Darryl wrapped me into a hug again, laughing through tears.
"Don't worry, you muffin."

I let out a small laugh, than yawned. "So, you really care that much?"

"Of course, Zak. Both Clay & I."

I looked over to Clay, feeling guilty I hadn't said anything to him yet.
"Thank you, really. A ton."

He smiled, then jumped once a ringing sound came from his pocket.
"Uh, one sec, let me take this."
He stepped away from the two of us, just leaving Darryl & I to sit there.

"So. Do you want to go do something tomorrow?"

He smiled, nodding in agreement. "Of course. But, not so much really going out somewhere, more so.. something calming?'

I thought for a second before snapping my fingers.
"Netflix & Chill!"

"Yeah!" he giggled, his eyes lighting up. "With popcorn & candy. Oh, don't forget, muffins too! You can't have it without those. What should we watch?"

"We can find someone while scrolling through the shows, we don't have to decide now."

"Ah, yeah, good point."

I let myself lay my head on his chest, the both of us calming down a bit from the events of the past few days. Abruptly, he pulled away from me.

I looked up to him, about to complain until I heard a choke come from someone behind me. Clay?

The blonde stood there, clearly on the edge of tears with his hand covering his mouth. He was trying not to shake, but failing at doing so. The sight made my heart sink into my stomach, a dreadful feeling coming over me.

"Clay!" Darryl exclaimed, stepping over to his friend. "What happened?!"

I glanced down as Clay just shook his head madly, in shock from whatever was happening. He let out another choked sob, clearing his throat before speaking up, quietly.

"It's Techno."

My eyes shot back up to him immediatly.

"He's gone."