20. 8. 29. (2/2)

{ Zak's POV }

I had to react quick before Darryl came home. Putting a new hoodie on, one that covered my arms. Washing my hand & around my mouth from coughing up blood, than cleaning that mess up. Brushing my hair, making myself slightly more presentable.

"Either way, I'm not attractive. Never have been, & never will." I scolded myself for even wanting to try. It didn't matter much, but I wouldn't want Darryl to think less of me than he probably already does.

I only got halfway with cleaning up the blood in the bathroom when I heard the door open, than rushing into a panic.

"Zak?" I could hear him call in the front hallway.

"WAIT, I'M DOING SOMETHING, DON'T COME HERE YET!" I screamed, rushing to lock the bathroom door.

"Ah, alright..! I'm down in the living room when you're ready!"

I'd have to rush with this.

{ Darryl's POV }

"Zak?" I called out to the hallway, scared of the odd silence from when I stepped in the house.

"WAIT!" I heard him call out, "DOING SOMETHING!"  letting out a long breath I didn't know I'd been holding in. "DON'T COME HERE YET!"

"Ah, Alright..!" I replied, telling him I'd be in the living room waiting.

Again, the house seemed so quiet & eery, just the faint sound of whatever Zak was doing upstairs.

After a few minutes I heard the sound of feet rushing down the stairs, & Zak stood before me. Pale, tired, hair an absolute mess.

"Before you say anything, I tried to bru-"

Before he could finish I sat up, pulling him into a tight hug.
"I'm sorry." my voice had cracked near the end, & tears started spilling out as I tightened my hug to my smaller best friend.

For a minute he stood there, shocked, but hugged me back.
"Don't worry about it, please, please."

I wanted to reply but couldn't, my vision becoming blurry.
Quickly, he grabbed my hand in his and looked up to me.
I looked back down at him, admiring his chocolate eyes. They too, glistened with tears & pain, seeming so much more dark then they once had when I first met Zak.

He started to choke on his words a bit, crying slightly. "Darryl, please don't cry. It's okay, I forgive you."

"I'm not crying because I'm sad, Zak. I'm crying because I'm happy, happy you are okay. I worry for you, you know."

He smiled a bit, not saying anything but resting his head on my chest.
I accepted this, running my hands through his hair gently.

"I love you Darryl," he sighed, still smiling. "No homo, though."

"I love you too, Zak. & yeah, no homo." We pulled apart, the room suddenly seeming so cold.

"We should just chill & watch a movie or something. Would you want to?"
His tone was now more calm, him seeming more sleepy.

"I'd love to."

We set up the couch with blankets & pillows, a few stuffed animals & a bowl of chips. We decided on playing a movie called "White oleander", one of my favourites I thought Zak would enjoy.

Halfway through the movie I started feeling sleepy, slightly out of it.
I glanced over to Zak on the other side of the couch, his head laying sideways as he was paying attention to the tv screen.
I took this second to admire my best friend, from his expression to the way he was curled up so small, laying so peacefully.

I inched over to him, wrapping my arms around him & sighing, letting myself get lost in thoughts as I closed my eyes.

I wonder what he's thinking.

☁ 〜 * • . • * ~ 〜 ☁

Note: this is not meant to be skephalo. i have nothing agaisnt the ship, but this isn't meant to be that