Didn't Mean It - Chapter 5

My brother brought me to the police station the next day while my mother was at work. They sat me down and made me explain everything. It was hard thinking back on everything because I realized there were so many signs that people ignored. No one tried to help me. The car ride home was silent. The air was awkward and there weren’t words to say. When we got home I silently marched up to my room and shut the door.

     Why was everything turning out like this? How could this be happening? Why did anyone have to find out what happened? I hated it. I was going to have to go to court and press charges. I didn’t want to press charges. I was being forced to.

     “Ashley?” I heard Liam knock on my door. “Are you okay?” I got up and opened the door.

      “No.” I had tears in my eyes and he looked at me in sorrow.

     “I’m sorry that all of this is happening.” He said pulling me into a hug.

     “It’s not your fault.” I said pulling away and walking back into my room as he followed me. I sat down on my bed and he sat in my desk chair. “Everything is going to be better once we’re on tour. You get to see all over the UK.” His smile was wide and his eyes shined bright.

     “But I don’t want to leave.” I could see his smile fade as the words came out of my mouth.

     “Why not?” He asked curiously.

     “Because I don’t want to leave my whole life here. I don’t want to leave Jared.” My heart felt heavy with the words I said.

    “You’ll be coming back. You just won’t be with that idiot anymore.” He said trying to calm me down. The doorbell rang and my head shot up as my worst fear came true.

     “What are you doing here?” I heard Josh yell rudely.

      “I’m here for Ashley not you.” I heard Jared yell back.

      “You can’t see her.” Josh snapped back and Liam and I ran out of my room to see what was happening.

      “Ashley come down here so we can talk. I’m sorry.” Jared begged me. He was standing in my house and I was scared for the first time.

      “You need to leave.” Josh said trying to get him out of the house.

     “Not without her.” Jared said pushing Josh.

      “I said get out.” Josh yelled pushing him back and that’s when Liam stepped in and forced him to get out of the house. Liam was a lot bigger than Jared and could definitely win in  a fight. 

     “You’re so lucky we’re leaving tomorrow.” Josh said furiously pushing past me and walking into his bedroom, slamming the door behind him.

     “It’s not your fault.” Liam said coming up behind me.

     “It’s always my fault.” I said walking into my room and shutting and locking the door behind me. This was going to be a long summer.