Didn't Mean It - Chapter 20

“Ashley buy these?” Liam said holding up a pair of heels. They were blue and tall and looked like something a super model would wear.

     “I’ll never be able to walk in those.” I laughed looking at the shoes.

     “Just try them on.” He said handing me the box and I sat down on a chair taking off my shoes.

     “Should I get these?” Josh said walking over with a pair of sunglasses on his face that had zebra stripes covering the lenses.

     “No.” Liam said and Josh made a sad face.

     “Are you gonna buy those Ash?” Josh asked turning his attention to me.

     “Probably not. Liam told me to try them on.” I said looking down at the heels I had just put on my feet.

     “Try walking in them.” Liam said looking over at me.

     “Ugh fine.” I sighed getting up and taking a shaky step. “I can’t walk in these.” I laughed.

     “Just try. They look good on you.” Liam encouraged me.

     “Fine.” I said rolling my eyes and taking another few steps.

     “You’re getting them.” Liam said and I looked over at him pursing my lips.

     “No I’m not.” I said crossing my arms.

     “Yes you are. I’m buying you them.” He said and I rolled my eyes.

     “Why?” I asked him as I noticed Josh had disappeared to another part of the shop.

     “I want you to get used to walking in heels for when I take you to award shows.” He said as I sat down and began taking the heels off.

     “They hurt though.” I said making a sad face.

     “You’ll get used to them.” He said taking the box from me as I slipped my shoes back on. I followed him to the front of the store where the teenage cashier’s eyes grew wide at the sight of Liam.

     “Hello.” Liam said with a warm smile as he handed the girl the box.

     “Is that all Liam? I mean Mr. Payne. I mean....sorry.” She said blushing and looking at the floor.

     “It’s fine, and yes that’s it. Are you a fan?” He asked sparking conversation.

    “Yeah, I mean who couldn’t be?” She said nervously as Liam handed her his credit card. You could tell her hands were shaking and she was getting more and more nervous the longer he stood in front of her.

     “I have no idea. Do you have a piece of paper?” He asked her as she handed him back his credit card. “And a pen maybe?”

     “Of course.” She said stumbling to find paper and a pen. I felt a smile grow on my face as I realized what he was doing. He took the pen and paper from her signing it and handing it back before taking out his phone.

     “Do you have a twitter? I’ll follow you.” He said and her face grew bright red as she nodded.

     “Yeah it’s @1df0rme.” She said and he clicked the follow button on her twitter.

     “Done.” He said with a smile. “Thank you. Bye.” He said and Josh held the door open as both of us walked outside onto the street as the teenage girl stood there still in complete shock.

     “We’ve made two girls’ day today.” Josh laughed as he high fived Liam as we headed back home. The walk wasn’t as long as most people would think it would be because it was sunny that day. Liam unlocked the door and we walked inside to the welcoming scent of Liam’s home.

     “Nap time.” Josh yelled as he jumped on the couch shutting his eyes. I looked over at Liam and he pointed up motioning for us to go upstairs. I nodded and followed him to the big wooden staircase. We silently walked up the stairs and I followed Liam into my room.

    “What are we-” I got interrupted as Liam crashed his lips into mine. I heard him lock the door as he ran his fingers through my hair. I stepped backwards leading him towards the bed. He gently pushed me onto the bed climbing on top of me. I felt him run kisses down my neck, giving me chills up my spine.

     I pulled his shirt off and threw it on the floor next to my bed. I felt his hands drift lower before something told me to stop.

     “Liam.” I said.

     “Hmm?”

     “Stop.” I said and he looked up at me.

     “Are you okay?” He asked sitting up next to me on the bed.

     “Yeah. I just don’t think we should do this.” I said looking over at him.

     “Why what’s wrong?” He asked me.

     “Everything.” I said and he pulled my into his arms for a hug.

     “I promise it will all be okay.” He said before kissing my forehead.