Karasuma froze.

"The schedule?" he said questioningly-- then it sank in and his head snapped toward the window, where Takaoka was handing out a stack of papers to the class.

Naomasa gulped, "oops, you don't know yet?"

-

"That crazy bastard," Karasuma swore under his breath, at a volume Nao barely heard.

Nao made his way over to the window-- just in time to see the military trainer knee Maehara in the gut. Gasps sprung across the students, and some stepped back, others ran forward.

Maehara was on the ground, hacking up his breakfast.

Karasuma's grip on the windowsill tightened, his eyes flashing through the picture on the desk-- the two pictures on the desk-- and his foot lifted to heft himself out of the building.

He heard a snap from Naomasa, who had his phone in his hands.

The other teacher was calm. Calm-- he was always calm-- but it felt a little different. His eyes were a little more narrowed than usual-- he was focused.

"Go on, Karasuma-san," the phone was held precariously on its side-- and Naomasa captured perfectly the precise moment Kanzaki was slapped across the face, thrown to the ground.

Karasuma whirled around in alarm, and without another moment to deliberate, he marched forward.

And Naomasa stayed perfectly still, eyes set on the scene before him. He didn't join Korosensei and Irina outside, but he stayed in the safety and overlooking the perfect view from that window-- and he simply watched, pretending to not exist.

After all, Takaoka didn't see Nao as a threat of any sort. He didn't even acknowledge Nao as a coworker.

To: Asano-san

From: Me

Video01.mp4

Naomasa thought that perhaps, he was more suited to this spywork than he thought. The Board Chairman was much smarter than he thought.

-

"Are you going to stay in there and pretend this isn't happening?" Irina hovered over the window, looking disapprovingly at the teacher, "I thought you loved the kids."

Naomasa yawned, putting down his pen.

"Didn't the Octopus get the talking-to already?" Naomasa groaned, "if I go too, it'll be redundant. Like a deleted movie scene, it's not gonna be too important. Unless you're that one irondad cheek-kiss scene that we still have no idea why it was deleted-- don't look at me like that, it's been a while since I've broken the wall so we have to start somewhere."

"Are you trying to change the subject?" Irina rolled her eyes, arms crossed, "unlike us, you're a normal teacher. Normal teachers don't just--" she gestured vaguely in his direction, "sit there when that--" she gesticulates dramatically in the direction of the field, "is happening."

They usually go over like idiots and try to lecture the offender, only to get shoved back and give up. Or something, whatever the movie cliche is.

Naomasa sipped on his drink and breathed out a sigh. "Normal teachers just sip on their coffee and think nostalgically, 'ahh, I miss when we were tortured in gym like that' and then they go on with their work."

"No they don't!" Irina retorted.

Well what would you know, Ms Irina, you've never been to a normal school. (Okay that was not meant to be said. Let's pretend he never thought that.)