4. Climb

4. Climb

"I regret... everything."

Nao's suit jacket was off of him before he even started climbing. Five steps up the hill, he realized he was never going to make it. Code red, he was already late, so there were no students en route to school he could ask to help him out.

His heart began to clench, shrinking itself with the cries of reluctance in response to the exercise. It refused to supply the meager oxygen needed for his cells to-- respite and provide energy-- ugh, thinking about all this scientifically was a way of coping with the pain he felt.

Or maybe his brain was just giving out and he was genuinely going mad.

His legs resigned, and he leaned against a tree, deciding a break would be wise.

He was barely halfway up the mountain, but he felt like he'd run a marathon around the whole world. His head was pounding and his breath was erratic.

This was beyond the level of being unfit.

The goddamn E-class Mountain is ridiculous!

"I came here," he choked, "to teach-- not for a bloody hike--"

He didn't know how he'd make it up here on a daily basis. He didn't think much of it the day before, but this was impossible. He was sure the Board Chairman knew of his physical health condition-- but at the same time, maybe he just didn't care...

Nao sat down under a tree, leaving the path to hide under a shade.

Can't he like, just suddenly appear in the class every day like how it seems to be in every episode-- he sighed, head hanging down in defeat.

  "I wanna go home."  

  ー  

"Korosensei, what's... Karasuma-sensei doing out there?"

Kayano Kaede, seated by the window, raised her voice in concern. They were in the midst of 3rd period, Modern Literature, when she noticed a very familiar government agent standing at the entrance of the 3-E building.

His suit jacket was at his arm, the sun having been up for a while. A clipboard hung sorely at his fingertips and his feet tapped irritatingly impatient.

"Even though it's so hot outside..." Sugino Tomohito turned his attention outside as well, many other following suit, "is he waiting for someone?"

Korosensei was a little displeased at their diverted attention to his class, but he simply sighed with patience. "Well, I've heard we were supposed to greet a new teacher today, I suppose Mr Karasuma is waiting on him to show up."

"A new teacher?" 

Korosensei responded with a delighted 'uhn!', "apparently something happened back in campus, so he's getting transferred up here. It's a teacher from main campus."