Chapter 7

As Ryu was running through the trees, she was basically a black blur. It was incredibly hard to spot her with the trees for cover. Ryu felt a chakra surge in the direction in where Sasuke was and instantly picked up her pace. She barely touched the tree branches and if she did, they would always leave marks with how hard she was pushing.

Not long after the first surge, she felt it again, 'That idiot!' she thought. She saw Sasuke and Gaara charge at each other and mid way, she saw Sasuke's Chidori die out. She quickly threw a hiraishin kunai and she was able to land a solid punch on Gaara, making him fly a few feet away before hitting a tree. She grabbed Sasuke and set him down on another tree branch.

"Ryu?" He asked. She nodded, taking off her mask. Naruto and Sakura arrived and landed beside them with Pakkun. She dropped the hood on the black cloak. Gaara glared at Naruto.

"...You...you're the one I failed to kill that time." He observed. Naruto narrowed his eyes, then realized what Gaara was going to do and turned quickly to Sakura, Sasuke and Ryu.

"You guys! Get away!" He yelled. Ryu looked up from healing Sasuke and pushed Sakura out of the way.

"Die! Uchiha Sasuke!" Gaara yelled, with an evil grin and blood thirsty look on his face. Ryu narrowed her eyes and Gaara hit Ryu full force with his transformed arm into a tree. Pain showed on her face and she coughed up blood.

"Ryu!" Sakura said in panic.

"Sis!" Naruto called out. Ryu shook her head and smiled.

"I'm fine...it's just some blood." She replied. Gaara tightened his fist and Ryu groaned.

"Just some blood?" Gaara sneered. "That doesn't sound like just some blood." She looked up and he saw her whiskers thicken and her eyes change to Kurama's.

"Yes. Just some blood." She replied, before red chakra flared out from her. Naruto's eyes widened. 'That's exactly like His chakra!' He thought. Lightning flared from her body and she broke out from his grasp. "You said you were a monster, yesterday didn't you? I'll show you a demon."

Red tails sprouted from behind Ryu, nine to be exact. Her chakra flared up to new heights and the KI was malicious as she was about to attack him, the chakra earring flared up and suddenly started sealing Kurama's chakra. 'What is this earring doing?!' She thought with panic.

'You get rather uncontrollable without Kakashi around if you use my chakra in this way, so I think he set this up as a precaution.' Kurama rumbled. 'It's also making me fall asleep, so I won't be able to help you...' Ryu groaned as the tails disappeared one by one and Gaara saw that as a chance to attack an undefended Ryu. Naruto however, instantly kicked Gaara, making him fly a couple feet away.

"Are you okay, sis?" He asked. Ryu shook her head.

"Kakashi-sensei gave me something that restrains me from using that power while he's not near me, and it's making me...lose..conscious." Ryu said, trailing off and indeed lose conscious.

~The Kyuubi Twins~

Two days passed and Ryu was in the hospital still in deep sleep. Kakashi was leaning against the wall opposite of her bed. 'Maybe the genjutsu was a bit too strong?' He thought. The funeral for the Hokage had just finished a couple hours earlier.

There was no outward injuries on her, just some fatigue but the doctors just told him she was sleeping. Not in a coma, sleeping. 'So why hasn't she woken up yet?' He asked himself. Kakashi closed the Icha Icha book he wasn't really reading and went over to close the curtains. He walked over, pulled his mask down and laid his forehead on hers.