Diner.

School was finally over, and now it was time to go to the diner. I don't mind working at the diner, it's just the thought of running into the jerks at school. I put on my black shirt and my black shorts and then put my apron on over it that says 'Jane's Diner' in black. This is what I have to wear everyday. And sometimes we have special days when we have to wear skates and skate around the resturaunt but I usually wear my black vans. Also our hair is always in a bun, it's mostly girls that run this place, but we do have a cook that's a guy. When I am finally in my full uniform for work I walk out of the bathroom stall and finally get to leave the school buillding! The diner is only about 3-4 blocks away, so it really isn't that far of a walk. When I finally get there my Aunt comes up to me,

"Hello! We already have a table for you!" She said smiling and pointing to a table that I can't believe I am already stuck with right when I walk through the door.

Of course, she was pointing to their table.

"Do I have to take that table? I mean there is a old couple waiting to be waited right there why can't I just serve them?" I asked, trying to get myself out of a situation.

"You know them, and you always serve them, why does it matter now? They seem like they are your friends, aren't they?" My Ausnt asked.

Oh my gosh. I can't believe she just asked such a question.

"No Auntie, I'm n-" She cut me off.

"I don't care, they are customers, and you have to serve them, now go." She told me, pointiing her index finger to the table that I was dreading to walk over to.

I rolled my eyes, being annoyed, because obviously I am, and I walked over the their table.

"Hello! What can I get you for today?" I asked, forcing a smile.

"Oh look, it's diner girl!" Ashley said. Everybody of course, chuckled.

"What would you like to eat today? Don't waste my time." I said, being sassy. I was so fed up with their nonsense.

"Woah there diner girl, don't get an attitude with us." Rachael said. which was Ashley's best friend.

"I'll take a salad. Ranch only" Ashley said.

"Is that it?" I asked.

"I'll take a water." Rachael said.

"Coming right up."  I said turning around, rolling my eyes.

I hate them so much.

"One salad with ranch" I told Sam the cook.

After that I went to go pour the ice water. And when I was done pouring that, I noticed Michael was sitting there drinking some coffee. He is a major crush of mine, he's been one since, fifth grade. I know, you're thinking, woah thats been a long time, and it has, I just haven't gotten the chance to speak to him about my feelings I have for him.

"Hey!" I said to him, the first word I've said to him for years.

"Hey, this coffee is amazing!" He said, smiling. His teeth were so white and lined perfectly. You would think he was famous.

"Thank you, we do have great coffee! I would like to tell you something though.." I said. I began to get really nervous.

"Yeah?" He asked, smiling.

"I..uh..I..-"

"MIKEY!!"

Great. Exactly what I didn't want to happen. It was Ashley.

"Hey, Ash!" He said, and winked.

Obviously he didn't want anything to do with me.

"Oh, I'm sorry, did I interupt or something?" Ashley asked.

"No, not at all." Michael said, looking at me like he wanted her, not me.

I knew he had feelings for her. I mean, every guy does, it's Ashley.

This is exactly what I mean when I say I hate school, because the same thing that just happened, usually happens at school too.

I just need a break.

"Well, I was actually trying to tell hm something, but..." I said, being cut off by Ashley.

"What is it? You can ask him now." She said, with a smile, that looked evil.

"It's not important." I said.

"Okay, good. Now go back to cleaning your dishes or whatever you do!" She said smiling, and Michael kind of chuckled at her statement.

I rolled my eyes, and I went to go see if Sam was done making her salad so maybe she could leave soon. Thankfully, it was.

"Your salad." I said placing it on the table she was sitting at, talking to Michael still. She ignored me, and asked Michael something that she knew would make me get all worked up and mad on the inside.

"So, Michael are you going to the dance with anyone?" She looked at me with a glare, I know exactly what she is doing.

"No, I'm not, but I have someone in mind that I really want to take." He said winking at her.

"Do you need anything else?" I said interrupting.

"No, now go." She said, shooing me off.

I just want to scream.

I am so ready to go to that concert with Alice.

Hours passed, and it is finally time to go home.

"How was school?" My Mom asked.

"Okay, I guess." I said, when Alice told me she got tickets, that was probably the only highlight of the day.

"What happened? The jerks are getting to you again at school?" she asked.

"Yes, Mom. I'm so done! I feel like everyone hates me!" I said, I started to get worked up, I've been holding this in for awhile. They just make me so upset, and they make me feel like I'm not worth it anymore.

"You would be surprised of the number of people there is out there that love you though. Please don't let them get to you as much. If it continues, I may have you transfer, or maybe I'll just speak to your principal about it. Let me know." She said, with a concerned face. Then she gave me a tight hug.

I don't know if I want to transfer schools. I mean I love my friends, my very little friends that I have, but I don't know if I shuold transfer. It could be for the good, or for the worst. I don't know what I would do about Alice. But I also don't like getting bullied at school either. I guess right now, I'm just confused and hurt.

"Now go get out of your work uniform so I can wash them for you, you need some rest I think."

I shook my head and went upstairs to my room.

I love my mom so much. She is always there for me, she makes me feel so much better.

I decided to take a shower, to release all my emotions in there. It seems to always help me.

I just can't wait until everything starts to get better, or will everything just get worse?

The good things just come to the people that wait, right?

I guess time will just let me know.

All I can do now is, wait.