First Day In Texas (continued)

"This is Ava." Austin said. 

"Hi, I'm Ava! What's your name?" I said, trying to be polite as possible. 

"The names Lacey." She said. 

"Oh, Hi Lacey." I said. She keeps looking at me up and down. 

"Can I hang with you guys? I've missed Austin so much!" She said, acting "sweet" but really she's just trying to be a little prick. 

"Uhhh.." Austin said, looking at me and the crew. 

"I'll take that as a yes!" She said, and then wrapping her arm around Austin's. Austin tries to unwravel his arm off of hers, but somehow, he can't. 

Am I missing something here? Did they have something that was going on that I didn't know about? Surely, Austin would've told me...right? 

I look at Alex in confusion. He just shakes his head. Robert comes up next to me and whispers in my ear, "Don't take it personal." and I just nod my head. 

How can I not take it personal when there's this girl that is closer to my boyfriend than I am, and obviously likes Austin, I mean who wouldn't have a crush on Austin? The worse thing is, is that Austin isn't doing anything about it. 

"I think I'm going to go back to your Aunt's house Austin." I said, stopping and turning back around towards the house. 

"No! Ava! Please stay with us." He said, pleadingly. 

"Fine." I said. I look over at him, and he mouths the word 'Sorry' to me.

I just nod my head. I figured we'd talk about it later. 

"So Austin where have you been lately?" She said, looking at him with the biggest smile on her face. I can feel myself getting more angry by the second. 

"Working on promoting my music." He said. "I've been everywhere." 

"That is so crazy!" She said. "I've missed you." She continued, and she was messing with his hair. 

"Stop please." He said. Even when he's mad, he's still polite. 

"Why? I love your hair." She said, playing with his hair again. 

"If he doesn't like it, he doesn't like it." I said, sounding angry. 

The whole crew just looks at me, and a big smile spreads across their faces. 

"Well then. Ms. Ava has the balls to get an attitude with me." She said, stopping and getting closer to me. 

"I was just saying, if he says stop, then stop." I said. 

"And why should I listen to you? You're defending him like he's your boyfriend or something. You're probably dating one of these clowns." She said, pointing to Alex, Robert, Zach, and Tyler.

"Actually, he is my boyfriend. And I was being nice to you, but that wasn't working out so great. So please, stop flirting with my boyfriend, and leave me alone." I said, looking at her dead in the eye. 

"Oh, really? Interesting. No wonder why he is acting so different... But we'll see how long you guys last." She said, with a devilish smile on her face. 

What does she mean, "We'll see how you guys last"? Does he have a type of reputation here or something?

"Bye Lacey." I said. And she surprisingly walks away, without saying another word. 

Austin comes up by me, and gives me a kiss. "That was hot." He said, with a smile on his face. 

I shake my head and laugh. "How come you were letting her do that to you?" I asked.