¢hapter ten

Weeks had passed.

Finn was sadder than usual. Lyana had disappeared without any trace. He was looking anywhere she could be. Starting with her work but he got to know that she had been fired. The Peaky Blinders had done their work after that on the club. Then he checked her flat just to stumble into a empty room. All the books were gone just like the poems. Just the raccoon returned. Then he asked Isaiah who was just as hopeless as Finn himself. Chase who was with Isaiah now didn't know where she went as well. All three were worried out of their minds. But the search was useless. She was nowhere.

Lyana really thought she was nowhere. But it was actually a house. She had searched a place to stay for long. Her stomach was hurting really badly from the starvation. She was mostly covered in coal since she had been sleeping in a blacksmith shop in the coal cellar since it was warm there. Her hair seemed to be black either. Everything seemed to be black at the moment. And let's not start from her clothes. She smelled weird; probably like a dead body and mold and coal.

And she could've stayed in the warm coal cellar if she would've moved.
Like moved at all. The lack of food drained all her energy so she would've been just laying around on the coals and so a blacksmith for sure found her.

The blonde could barely open her eyes from the lack of energy as someone was yelling at her.

"Get up you little shit before Timmy gets his revolver here!" A male voice finally reached her ears as she just heard the cracking of the fire above. "What do you think you're doing here? Who allowed you to be here at all?" He asked as his fat figure stood in front of Lyana who was finally moving a little. "Uh it's a girl" His voice had a weirdly smugly tone. "Why are you here lass?"

"I don't have a home anymore" She confessed as she sat up a little to look at the man tired.

"But you're really pretty" He said towards the tiny Lyana as he kneeled down next to her.

"Thanks Mister" She only brought out as he touched her thigh suddenly making a wave of adrenaline rave through her. She was in danger. Maybe she would've figured out earlier if she wasn't socially retarded. But she was so her only chance was running now. She ran as if the devil himself was chasing her." Dumb brat!" The man yelled as he didn't even tried chasing after her. Lyana tried dodging all the dangers in the workshop as she was traveling towards the first daylight she saw in long. Her legs were faster than her eyes because they hadn't seen daylight in sometime so she wasn't able to see the people on the busy street she just ran onto. So for sure she ran into some rich man. The collusion made her stumble. She wasn't sure if she stumbled over her own legs or the legs of the person she just ran into but she fell into a puddle of dirty rain water anyway. The fall was painful; her rips felt like they've been absolutely smashed even if they hadn't been. Her eyes slowly started adjusting to the daylight but she still held a hand out to help herself. A hitched breath left her mouth carefully as she caught herself a little.

"Wow" Was the only thing she heard as she looked just at the floor not considering the person to care about her obviously struggling. She would've loved to curl up in a ball right in that puddle and cry. She chuckled at the thought since it would've looked like she had cried the puddle. "Lyana Vaulders" The voice continued as she started to recognize it as the man kneeled in front of her. "What happened to you lass? You look absolutely knackered" He continued as he helped her stand up.

"I-" She broke up looking at the man with the awkward mustache. She stopped herself since she knew that she would cry if she would continue talking.

"Come on we'll get you somewhere warm we're you can eat something" Suddenly she felt a coat on her shoulders as another man approached them.

"Arthur what the heck? Who's that?" The other man Lyana had met in the Garrison said as he appeared in front of them.

"It's Finn's lassie" He said as Lyana hugged the coat tighter than before as it still radiated body warmth.

"Take her" The man said in a commanding tone before he disappeared obviously busy.

"Come here love" He said as he took her off her feet and carried as if she was a child again. Arthur wasn't a bad father replacement just yet.

After at least two hours Lyana sat at the Shelby kitchen table eating shyly wrapped in a strange dress and a thick blanket.

"Can you do me a favor?" She said munching as she looked at Arthur shyly.

"What is it love?" He asked looking at the tiny blonde with her wet hair. She looked high key adorable with her hair like that.

"Don't tell Finn you... saw me" She tried as her dark eyes found Arthur's. Her soul broke a little when she saw Finn back in there.

"What are you running from?" Arthur asked. He stood up when Lyana kept looking to the table almost shameful but also a little like she didn't knew the answer. "You're a lot like Cas. He had these demons no one would ever see"

"I'm nothing like him. He grew up as a human. I grew up like a wild animal. I can't decide something because no one ever learned what's good or bad or judged" She said a little bit angrier than she intended.

"Tell me about your childhood I never knew where Cas went"

"It's a longer story" She just said.

"I have time" Arthur just wanted something or someone to take him back to the time when life was easy. To these years with Casper.