Inside The Outsider

Start from the beginning

Clarice shook her head," Why are you so worried about where them boys are goin'? That ain't none of our business."

"But it will be," Clarice crossed her arms together,"if something happens to them, we're next."

"Going towards trouble ain't gonna help Diana!"

I gave her one last look before I turned on my hills and silently followed behind the boys.

                     Dally's POV

I took one last drag of my cigarette before throwing it on the ground near the tree I was leaning on," You ready Dal?" Johnny questioned.

"Born ready."

The gang caught up with us as we headed towards the open park. The negro kids from Pony's school was already standing there waiting on us to arrive," You guys finally made it." One of the negroes stated.

I recognized one of them. He was staring me down like he wanted fight me instead the socs," Got a problem?"
The guy stalked up to me, his fists already balled up. Two-bit stepped up in between us," Hey we're here to fight those rich scumbags. Not each other."

He glared at me once more before he unclenched his fists and walked back over to his friends," What's the matter with him?" Pony questioned.

I swatted my hand," He's got a thing for Diana," I glanced at the corner of my eye to see him react," he's just mad that he can't have her." Like a switch, I knew that would set him off.

He stomped over to me," You gettin' on my last nerve hood—" a light chuckle escaped my mouth," Oh yeah I'm real scared man," I shrugged my shoulders," just get it through your thick head; Diana is with me."

His friends were holding him back until he easily swatted them off," She'd be better off with me. You're only gonna get her killed!"

I placed my hands inside my jean pockets," Yeah whatever."

"See! You don't care about nothin' but yaself. You ain't got nothin' to live for. I'm not gonna let YOU or anyone hurt her anymore! So we're endin' this shit tonight!"

Before I could say anything, a rock was thrown at one of the grease heads on our side," Are you ladies through talking?"
A soc called out from the shadows of the park. Soon more emerged from the shadows and came charging at us. 

Without hesitation, I charged at the uptight preps; instantly knocking one off their feet. Punches were being thrown left and right on either side, but the negro kids packed some good hits. 

Before you knew it, there was nothing but chaos. Punches and kicks were getting thrown left and right. I most definitely got my hits in. Tossing preps around the park. I grabbed one of them by the collar and slammed him on the ground," Get up and fight!" I screamed down at him.

I let go of the preppy piece of shit laying underneath me when I heard that sweet voice call my name," Dally! Dallas stop!!"

Diana was running towards me with her friend Clarice right behind her. Anger was in her eyes but fear made an appearance as she focused her gaze on something else.

I turned my head to the direction she was facing; a blonde haired soc was standing in the middle of the chaos. Only a sinister smile was plastered on his face. His gaze only on Diana. I turned back over to her, ready to scoop her up and get her away.

But my body stayed paralyzed at the sight before me. Everyone ran away from the park, scrambling to find cover. The adrenaline finally kicked in and I rushed over to Diana.

I scanned the chaotic park, the negro from before had charged at the blonde haired devil. He tackled him to the ground and held him down, tossing the object he had in his hand on the ground.

I turned my attention back to Diana, her eyes were rolling to the back of her head," Diana?," I slightly tapped her face," Diana? Look at me!" She struggled to make eye contact with me, her chest was moving up and down so fast I thought she was gonna explode.

Clarice kneeled down beside me," Put pressure on the wound," She grabbed Diana's almost lifeless hand and placed it on the bloody wound," we can't just sit here, we have to go! Now!"

I picked up Diana and held her in my arms as me and Clarice rushed to the street. I ran as careful as I could, trying to keep up with the fast paced girl. We eventually got to a busier spot in the neighborhood. Clarice waved her arms at passing cars," Help! We need help! Please!"

Cars passed left and right not paying her any mind. I held onto Diana tight as I walked us in the middle of the street. A car screeched in front of us, the hood nearly touching my kneecaps.

Clarice ran to the car," Please we need a ride to the hospital. My friend.. She's been shot..PLEASE...please help us..."
Tears were streaming down her face as the stranger in the car nodded their head frantically. Clarice opened the back door of the car and I got in with Diana still in my arms. Clarice got  in on the other side and the stranger sped off.

I glanced down at Diana, her eyes were fluttering and her breathing was getting faster as sweat dripped down her face," Hurry up!! I can't lose her!" I felt the car speed up and I held Diana tighter.

We finally arrived at the hospital, Clarice rushed out of the car and opened the door for me. I held Diana as careful I could and ran into the hospital. While I was running, I could hear Clarice thanking the stranger. I ran up to the counter," She's been shot!!"

The nurse at the counter called in assistance as I panicked," Help is on the way sir." Once she said that, nurses and doctors came over to me with a stretcher. They snatched her from my arms and placed her on the device," Stay with me Diana!"

"We got it from here sir." One of the nurses stated as she pushed me away.