Inside The Outsider

*Dally's Point of View*

    I squeezed her ring tight in my hand as her figure began to fade in the distance. I heard the guys come out of the house but I didn't pay them any mind, I was still starin' off in the distance, wantin' so badly to go after her,"Dally man, we didn't mean to run her off." I heard Johnny say behind me,"I did-" Steve interrupted,"It was for his own good, don't need to be with someone like her anyway." I turned my head slightly in his direction, I glared into his soul hatin' him more and more. I never did like him, and this just proved why I didn't even more.

Suddenly, he began to chuckle to himself,"I knew you were reckless but this-" Without a warning, I grabbed ahold of his shirt collar,"You should shut your fuckin' mouth before I do it for ya." Pony and Johnny grabbed ahold of my arms and tried to pull me back from him. I wanted to bash his face in, but doing that wouldn't get Diana back. I shook them off of me and stepped away from Steve,"Back off." I brushed back my hair from my face, I grabbed the jacket from the ground and walked away from the Curtis house.

            *Diana's Point of View*

    I ran all the way home with tears streamin' down my face like a waterfall. Despite what just happened, i'm already missin' Dally.
   Before i ran up the stairs to my house, i wiped away the tears on my face. I opened the front door and immediately rushed to my room, lockin' the door shut behind me.
   I took off my shoes and laid down on my stomach on top of the bed. I stared at the picture of Malcolm X i had on the wall next to my portrait. While I laid there, my mind couldn't grasp on what just happened a moment ago. Dally didnt stick up for me or anything, whether it was just his friends or just strangers, he was suppose to help me or even better; actually have my back. When i needed him the most he just stood there like a lump on a log. At that moment I knew I couldn't be with him anymore, cause if we were, I would be sittin' somewhere questioning if he'll stick up for me next time or just leave me hangin' like clothes on a clothes line.

    Suddenly, my room door crept open and I turned my attention towards it,"Diana? You alright sweetheart?" Momma asked as she crept slowly into my room. I glanced at her and down at my bare left hand,"Yeah. I'm just thinkin' that's all." "You look like you've been cryin', what's wrong bab-" "Momma i'm okay, I just want to be alone." Momma's eyes were filled with so much concern that I had to turn away," If you need to talk just let me know." "Okay." I laid there quiet starring at the wall until i heard her close the door. At that moment, i couldn't hold in the tears any longer; I didn't want to leave from Dally, but it was what we both needed.

             *Clarice's Point of View*

    Lisa, Cheryl and I sat on my porch step waiting for the usual late Diana. I don't care if she moved here almost less than a year ago that girl is never on time. And on que she was walking towards us,"Diana, you finally got here. We were starting to think you got kidnapped or something." Her head was still down as she approached us, her arms were tightly wrapped around her brown satchel that she had pulled up to her chest. She steadily lifted her head up and shyly smirked,"Sorry y'all." "What happened? Look like you've been cryin'?" Lisa questioned. Diana sadly smiled and shrugged her shoulders,"It's nothin' I'm just moody from my period, y'all know the feelin'." Something was tellin' me that she was lyin', but i didn't want to push her to let it out, so i kept quiet,"Well in that case, let's stop standin' and catch the bus before it leaves us." Cheryl stated.

    During class, Diana was not herself, she was distant and didn't speak to anyone unless she was spoken to. It bothered me because my best friend could be hurt and I wouldn't know about it. Once lunch rolled around, i took my chance and grabbed her from the group. I took ahold of her hand and took her to the girls restroom.

   When we got in there, i checked every stall to make sure no one was in here with us,"Diana what is wrong with you?" "I already told you-" I held my hand up to stop her talkin',"Don't you dare, I know you Diana and I don't believe that one bit, now tell me what's really going on." She tucked a strand of her now straightened hair behind her ear and looked away from me," I-I uh. Me a-and. I just.." As slowly as she started, her explanation quickly ended with tears. I instantly wrapped my arms around her and embraced her tightly.

She didn't have to say anymore,"It's okay D. You'll be fine, I'll always be here for you okay?" she sniffled into my shoulder and nodded her head,"O-okay."
    After i consoled her, I helped her clean her face and we went back to the cafeteria like nothing ever happened. I never seen my fragile Diana like this ever and I didn't like it one bit. If i ever see that boy, i swear he gone be wishin' he was six feet under.