"Ae could never be as dangerous as him. Bullshit! That fucking idiot doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. Not a clue!" But he remembered Ae's hard eyes staring at him through the tv screen and a bit of cold fear settled in his heart. 

😶😶😶

Pete woke with a start. The lights were dimly lit and the space next to him was empty. When he turned his head, there was Ae, sitting at his computer, typing away. He had the desk lamp on so his area was illuminated and Pete assessed his strong profile. 

"Are you going to talk abut the dream or watch me all night?"

"Oh! Ae. It was just a silly dream. I was stuck in a hole and I couldn't move. When I yanked too hard, I work up."

"Stuck in a hole huh. I had one last night where I was trying to pull you up from a mud pit and you just kept sinking and then I got stuck too."

"Well at least we were stuck together?" Pete offered in consolation.

"But then I had to watch you disappear before me and once I was under I started suffocating and I woke up." Ae said it matter of fact while Pete just sort of stared. 

"How come your only just telling me this? Aaaaeeee!"

"Sorry na. I didn't want to wake you last night and I didn't remember until now." Ae rose and went to Pete. Sat on the side of the bed and gently pulled him close. "You smell really good right now." He muttered as he buried his face into Pete's neck.

"That's because you like to sniff me after I've just woke up."

"It's cause you always smell like a garden and when you just wake it smells like outside in the early morning. I love it. How's you hip."

"It feels ok. I wish I could do more tan just walk. I wish we could do more."

"I know. I really need you right now Pete." They locked eyes and and if ever Pete had doubts for whatever reason, they were immediately dispelled.

"Maybe I can...?"

"No. I can't handle your hands on me right now. I'm too sensitive." Pete immediately understood what Ae meant. The moment they touched, it would be out of control and Pete couldn't handle that right now.

"I understand. Ae." Pete waited until Ae looked over before continuing. "Are you going to tell me what Diew said about Nick?"

"He's here. Diew said he's been here for three weeks already. Diew also says he received phone calls from an unregistered number. He began receiving them after we would have met Sheri and Dali that night at Golden. A couple of weeks right after that."

"I see. The timing is very convenient."

"Yes. A little too convenient."

Ae lay next to Pete on top of the bed covers. Pete could see his arousal and he swallowed. It was distracting.

"I also find it interesting that since I introduced you to Paul, we've never spoken over the phone or in person since. It's always by text. I asked him recently how come he never answers my calls. He says it's because his ex is in town and since they never officially broke up, she's trying to get back with him. She also is always snooping through his things and listening to his conversations. At least that's what the message says."

"So then if she listens to his conversations, can't she get into his phone?"

"Not unless he changed his codes."

"Oh right. Why didn't I think of that? But I've been back for months. I mean who wants to live in such a tense atmosphere for so long? Just tell her it's over and give her an ultimatum. Something else must me going on."