"You know what it's been like since Martha died." John looked upset, Lucie had never met Martha, but she was sure she'd been a lovely woman.

"God takes the best first." Polly places a hand on John's.

"Truth is, kids have been running bloody rings 'round me." Johns voice was trembling.

"Running barefoot with the dog till all hours."

"Polly, give him ten bob for some shoes. Is that it John?" Lucie swatted Tommy's thigh. Giving him a stern but playful look.

"Now what's your point, John?" Lucie question.

"What the kids need is a mother. Woulda' snagged Luce, if she were a bit younger." At those words Tommy placed a firm grip on Lucie's knee. Making goosebumps rise on her skin.

Lucie wanted to play along, for the fun of it.

"I would of been happy to John." Lucie smiled. Lucie could see Thomas' jaw clench and his grip tighten.

"Anyways, I'm getting married." John said followed by a cough.

Everyone went silent and looked towards Thomas. The atmosphere was thick and tense.

"Does this poor girl know you're gonna marry her? Or are you gonna' spring it on her all a sudden?" Polly questioned.

"I already proposed, and — and she said yes." John stuttered.

"I think there's a shell about to land and go bang." Tommy added.

"It's er— It's Lizzie Stark." John finally said. And so the shell goes bang.

Everyone burst out laughing. No one could keep it repressed. Lucie tried her very best to not laugh at John. But with everyone else doing so, it was proving extremely difficult not to.

"John, Lizzie Stark is a strong woman, and I'm sure she provides fine service to her customers." That triggered Lucie, she let out her laugh, snickering along with Arthur and Tommy.

"I won't." John shouted before calming down. "I won't, hear the word. Understand? Do not use that word."

"What word is that John?" Tommy sighed.

"You know what word that is."

"Everybody bloody knows." Arthur finally spoke, laughing as he did.

"Everybody can go to hell." John shouted.

"Whore? That word?" Lucie swatted Tommy once more. Trying to repress a giggle as she did so. Tommy just smirked and moved his hand up her leg slightly and giving her thigh a squeeze. Which automatically made Lucie shut up and go redder than John. Polly cock her brow at the girl.

"Or prostitute? How 'bout that one?" Tommy added again. This time Lucie just stayed quiet, not wanting to alert Polly anymore.

"Right. I want it know, if anyone calls her a whore again, I will push the barrel of my revolver down their throats, and blow their word back down into their heart." John seethed.

"Men and their cocks never cease to amaze me." Polly added, looking towards Lucie, who was giggling at her remark.

"Wherever it points, they follow." Lucie added, which cause Polly to laugh too.